Digital Signage
(05-30-2017, 06:47 AM)redpine Wrote: I got my Pine64 maxed out and was looking to set up digital Signage with it. <snip>
Appreciate any and all feedback.

What kind of signage?

... couple years back they used the Raspberry PI (nine of them) to create a nine panel large screen "sign" that was truly awesome (could do the same with the pine board).

Your sign could be an automated "power point" presentation (or multiple presentations which rotate through the hour).

Were you planning the sign to have video;  if so, use Android-- if not, then use gnu+linux. The sign can be with or without kiosk; lots of folks have done this , its a great advertising gimmick;  and without a lot of initial expense. Its great for a convenience store, coffee house, bar, name it.

For a coffee house large screen sign I would use a large TV flat panel (can double for sporting events) and then have the sign rotate a "power point" via the pine board running ubuntu linux (or Armbian linux) ;  case the pine board in the C4Labs zebra case with fan, and use a wireless keyboard/mouse combo from logitech to control it.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Messages In This Thread
Digital Signage - by redpine - 05-30-2017, 06:47 AM
RE: Digital Signage - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 05-30-2017, 07:29 PM
RE: Digital Signage - by redpine - 05-31-2017, 05:58 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  safe fanout for Digital outputs? ealbers 1 2,747 07-25-2017, 04:19 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
Music Tuning and overclocking for Mixxx - digital dj interface Pander 0 1,634 12-04-2016, 07:31 AM
Last Post: Pander