Is there a manufactured solution?
(01-03-2017, 11:49 PM)aegrotatio Wrote: The Orange Pi folks had the right idea.  Their SBCs only use barrel connectors to reduce the chance of people using lame power supplies that cause undervoltage/undercurrent conditions that cause SDCard corruption and weird network problems

I agree completely.  

... my own ABS Pine cases have barrel connectors ( all three of them ).  Internally I have the power line feed the euler bus according to my DC POWERIN link on the forum ( including the PI filter ).  On the outside the power feed comes in as a barrel connector ( the same one found on the Arduino Uno ).  You can get them from digikey and other suppliers like jameco. 

The micro-usb connector was a poor choice from an engineering standpoint; although, I understand why they chose it in terms of cost and ease of robotic installation. Its really too sad that the connector cannot handle the current necessary from an engineering standpoint.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Messages In This Thread
Is there a manufactured solution? - by aegrotatio - 01-03-2017, 11:25 PM
RE: Is there a manufactured solution? - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 01-03-2017, 11:55 PM