Don't vi on me and tell me it's raining! Where's pico?
Thanks tkaiser, my original problem, which is why I posted, was because pico/nano wasn't on the dd image that I was using.  I needed to configure my wifi, and to configure my wifi, I needed the use of an editor.  

For the record: pico/nano are functionally, the same thing.  vi/vim are functionally, the same thing.

I'm glad we're getting nano onto these images (are we?).  My concern is that for someone new to this, >everything< is new, and formidable.  nano knocks down the editor issue at a very crucial point in a new user's quest to build their own pine64.  I do not want people to think that vi is representative of the state of this technology.  

At the startup/build stage, things are rightly limited in resources, because the only thing you're doing is getting the system ready to finish it into the purpose of the system build.  It is strictly prep.

Once you've got your pine64 in a stable, networked state (the single purpose of these installation images), you are ready to complete your pine64 as a desktop, server, cluster blade, embedded computer, ....  

Now for the man pages...
David, the lip smacking pirate hedgehog.  "SHIVER me timbers!"  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't vi on me and tell me it's raining! Where's pico? - by tampadave - 09-22-2016, 07:17 AM