assembly instructions
(08-31-2016, 05:39 PM)PapaStahl Wrote: This YouTube video is more detailed.
I was able to assemble everything.
The first picture from the previous post is important, because it shows you how the board fits into the case. The first time around, I didn't pay enough attention, didn't do it this way, and then the cables didn't fit.

Thanks for finding this. Apart from being horrified with the soldering, this video at least confirms the layout I had thought was the best option. The layout of the board is far from ideal which is disappointing as the operation of the final unit is where the satisfaction should be. As a "maker/hacker" type project I find the enclosure falling short on expectations. Be warned once you clip the back on it is fairly final, so for me the back will be a coffee coaster and for this it is quite good as I can fit two cups on it Smile .

I have been playing around with the different operating systems and as such access to the sd card is a bit of an oversight. The routing of the ribbon cables is a bit of find the best you can because once again the layout does not allow a neat solution.

Now I understand kickstarter projects so I'm not going to bitch about the lack of instructions in the box, but there should at least be something on the website to download.
I'm going to give the case a 5 out of 10. It doesn't really seem ideal for my needs, and given the wait I was expecting something better.
plus points: Quality is really good, nice finish, is quite robust, battery tray, and holds the screen really secure.
minus points: No neat ribbon cable runs due to layout, no SD card access, almost impossible to access once closed (without causing significant damage), ribbon cables interfere with expansion ports, no cover plate to neaten the USB end (left with 1 big hole). Not enough clearance for anything plugged onto the expansion ports (e.g. POT boards)
That aside I love the PINE64 as a board, and I'm looking forward to adding some more connectivity for real world interfacing and seeing what I can make it do. (And designing my own housing as a future project)

Regards

Ken

Messages In This Thread
assembly instructions - by loungehound - 08-29-2016, 05:49 AM
RE: assembly instructions - by thefutureme - 08-29-2016, 10:06 AM
RE: assembly instructions - by turing - 08-31-2016, 08:52 AM
RE: assembly instructions - by PapaStahl - 08-31-2016, 03:46 PM
RE: assembly instructions - by PapaStahl - 08-31-2016, 05:39 PM
RE: assembly instructions - by loungehound - 09-01-2016, 04:21 AM
RE: assembly instructions - by turing - 09-01-2016, 08:44 AM
RE: assembly instructions - by edgeman - 09-03-2016, 03:14 PM
RE: assembly instructions - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 09-03-2016, 10:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official C4 Labs LCD Enclosure *UPDATED WITH ASSEMBLY VIDEO* Bluphire 12 25,000 01-06-2017, 03:15 AM
Last Post: Learnincurve