Request: Gpio Access from Android
I heard back from tllim; there are plans in the works for exposing the GPIO in Android , and the effort is underway; at this point I have no solid details as to how that will look, but tllim said my question came with good timing because the engineers responsible for the Android images are working on it for soon release. Stay tuned , and stay positive !

The following is tllim's reply to my query requesting Android GPIO API :

Quote:Your question comes in the right timing. We are currently working on open up GPIO at the Android Kernel level and work on the way up. The first one is i2C that currently trying out. However, you may aware that enable GPIO in Android is not as easy as Linux. 
On the same time, we also document on the Android build process and plan to publish soon once ... check out that the document process works well. This will allow developer to build their own Android and open the world without rely on Pine64.
On the same time, Marshmallow build currently in Alpha phase and will enter beta phase on August 20. Hopefully I can publish on end of this month. Once Marshmallow published, it will be Remix 3.0 time.
I try to put my focus more getting engineering activities instead of logistic.

So, this is really good news.  Everyone, sit tight,  exciting things are on the way !
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Messages In This Thread
Request: Gpio Access from Android - by Zoidiano0 - 08-05-2016, 08:41 PM
RE: Request: Gpio Access from Android - by xalius - 08-06-2016, 06:28 AM
RE: Request: Gpio Access from Android - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 08-06-2016, 09:53 AM