Internet phone tethering help
(06-06-2023, 03:30 PM)Corconegre Wrote: Hi,
i'm trying to tether the connection from my iPhone, following the wiki: https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PineTab2#Pe..._an_iPhone
(it's in the right usb-C next to the volume)

The phone shows the icon as if something is connected, in the pinetab2 i see the icon of wired network and in the settings i can see an "Io" connection with status "connected".
I can also see the folder and camera in the tray and access the phone.

However i can't connect to internet, anyone can give me a hand or point me to documentation on how to fix this? not sure if i'm doing something wrong or what can i do...

Thanks!

how usb tetherring works is that tehtering device exposes as a virtual usb based ethernet device to the other device, usually device also has dhcp server some kind. basically pinetab2 should see some kind of networking device, maybe it's "usb0", "eth0", "enx##", or something. try following command to get some info.

Code:
ip address
# if root is required
sudo ip address

if you do not see any tethering networking device, i think there is a driver, kernel, module or installation problem.

if you see something, maybe networking does not use it, like dhcp client. you could try (sudo) "nmtui".

Messages In This Thread
Internet phone tethering help - by Corconegre - 06-06-2023, 03:30 PM
RE: Internet phone tethering help - by zetabeta - 06-06-2023, 06:37 PM
RE: Internet phone tethering help - by Corconegre - 06-07-2023, 07:13 AM
RE: Internet phone tethering help - by Surehand53 - 06-07-2023, 06:43 AM
RE: Internet phone tethering help - by zoward - 06-07-2023, 02:31 PM
RE: Internet phone tethering help - by stozi - 12-04-2023, 06:36 AM