My short experience with Manjaro Plasma Mobile
Exclamation 
Hello

My very first Pinephone became almost unusable a few days ago, some parts of the touchscreen no longer worked, I had to use a second Pinephone left as is, bought 2 years ago with Manjaro ARM KDE (Plasma Mobile) installed by default.

At first, I quickly realized that the battery couldn't be recharged. I tried to recharge it for hours but I had to use the battery of my first Pinephone to be able to power it on anew.

Secondly, I had no mobile data whereas my mobile operator is the biggest one in France and I was very surprised because I had mobile data support two years earlier with Manjaro and Phosh. I could call but the dialer was broken, I often had to reboot to make it work anew, I couldn't press keys during calls for audiotel systems (i.e "Press zero to choose this option" etc). The SMS barely worked, there was a problem of refresh, I had to restart Spacebar to see them. When I was receiving a call, sometimes it didn't ring, I only saw the dialog with "Accept" and "Decline" buttons. It was impossible to select a language for the system, I was stuck with American English (which is obviously not my mother tongue).

Thirdly, I tried to perform the system upgrade by using the GUI but after hours, the tasks remained stuck at 50% and then it complained about a corrupted package. Retrying gave the same result.

Fourthly, I tried to do it in command line with pacman, it started well but I got a black screen with a message talking about a broken session manager that became unreadable after a rotation of the screen. When rebooting, I just saw the KDE logo and it didn't go any further.

As it's Sunday, I can't buy a microSD card, nobody can contact me. The only suggested solution consists in buying one, which I will do tomorrow in order to install Tow-Boot and probably install a working Linux distribution. If anybody has a better suggestion in the meantime, it will be very welcome.

By the way, it's better than nothing, the first time I used a Pinephone, it was unable to boot whereas this second Pinephone was able to do a very few things.

Messages In This Thread
My short experience with Manjaro Plasma Mobile - by anonymous - 12-25-2022, 08:32 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what is wrong with KDE plasma beta15 RC4? Uturn 8 1,550 10-02-2023, 05:07 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  Manjaro: Settings doesnt open nbh 0 576 09-24-2023, 05:25 PM
Last Post: nbh
  Can't get ring on Manjaro Pine Phone thorensjubilee 12 3,391 06-09-2023, 04:40 AM
Last Post: thorensjubilee
  Is Manjaro ARM a Rolling Release? jojuma 4 1,563 05-10-2023, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Where Does Manjaro Phosh Store Its Custom Keystrokes? jakfish 0 796 04-25-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jakfish
  gnome-mobile dev Uturn 1 1,097 02-22-2023, 03:37 AM
Last Post: acrux
  Can't install Manjaro thorensjubilee 1 1,005 02-09-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: thorensjubilee
  Manjaro plasma-mobile Beta 13 Uturn 13 4,804 01-25-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Manjaro Plasma busted Chief 2 1,554 11-22-2022, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Chief
  MMS workaround for users with separate APN (works atleast on Manjaro Phosh) alaraajavamma 0 1,055 10-10-2022, 12:53 PM
Last Post: alaraajavamma