Porting Arduino project advice
hi, we met briefly on the irc today;

I would reiterate here that combining the pyboard (to handle the timings) and the PineA64 to handle analytics (ssl and the cool web interface) is a really good idea.

MicroPython (pyboard) is Python3 running on the bare metal... it will handle all your timings brilliantly (no pre-empting) and its tiny; it makes a great addition to the PineA64 (or RPi) and frankly, it spins circles around the Arduino. You can program it on-board (with python) and you can expand its storage with SD cards (I have 1 and 4 GB cards with mine).

Your Pine can talk to it via serial, or GPIO; by the by... it has six uart ports on the GPIO pins, and a usb port that does double duty as mass storage device and console REPL... the repl can also be mapped to any of the uart ports for use with a debug cable (PL2303).

It can be powered off the 5v rail , and the system logically is a 3v3 system; so its more compatible with the PI or Pine electrically; but be careful... double check and measure everything-- use level shifters if necessary.

marcus

Messages In This Thread
Porting Arduino project advice - by primeminister - 07-14-2016, 08:38 AM
RE: Porting Arduino project advice - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 07-14-2016, 05:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Acceleration of Gravity Tilt Module for Arduino JulianM 4 5,542 08-06-2016, 10:34 PM
Last Post: jodybrown99