Duh!
(01-24-2016, 04:00 PM)sgary1 Wrote:
(01-23-2016, 11:31 AM)samandiriel Wrote: Unfortunately you will likely have problems setting the PINE up unless you bought the Android pre-loaded version.  Also, Samsung uses a somewhat customized version of Android with their own launcher (TouchWiz), so it will probably not be as much the same as your Galaxy phone as you might be hoping for... but should be similar enough to puzzle it out Smile

If you got the preloaded version, you probably will be OK other than you should very definitely get a case for it if you haven't already got one as part of your pledge.

Otherwise you will likely struggle to get Android installed (but should be smooth sailing after that for you).  

I don't know how they plan to push out Android updates, but if they involve reinstalling the OS you will likely have trouble there too.

However, you don't need to be very computer literate to be able to use the PINE for what you've described - you will likely be able to get by with help from forums and tutorials (tho it will be a struggle).
I bought the 4K media computer, 8GB micro sd, pre loaded android 5.1,ir receiver & remote. power supply and enclosure. I'm retired and have a lot of time to figure it out. Never hurts to learn new stuff. Thanks for the help.

You'll be fine. And at any rate, if you do run into problems or issues, you can always come here and get some help.

Messages In This Thread
Duh! - by sgary1 - 01-23-2016, 11:18 AM
RE: Duh! - by samandiriel - 01-23-2016, 11:31 AM
RE: Duh! - by sgary1 - 01-24-2016, 04:00 PM
RE: Duh! - by Ghost - 01-24-2016, 04:04 PM
RE: Duh! - by SkimMilk - 01-23-2016, 11:31 AM
RE: Duh! - by hazerty - 01-23-2016, 11:33 AM