Proposed feature: Flashlight mode
(01-09-2022, 05:08 PM)jasonriedy Wrote: Erm, I'm still wondering where the lights and camera are on the PineNote.  This isn't a device for photography.

Someone could ramp up the backlight, but that would be silly when compared against a flashlight.  Even one on a <$10 multi-tool.

e-Ink displays don't use back lights. They use front lights, generally at the edge of the display, to shine light at the front of the display. It's part of the display.

And yes, a cheap flashlight is much better. But, it is a mater of convenience.

On the subject of the PineNote camera, it does not seem to have one. (Nor would it be needed by most people, since the display could not be used for preview or finished photo.)

I am not saying this is an important feature. Just something that I thought of years ago with my Kindle Voyage. One night I was reading my Kindle and the power went out. If my Kindle had a flashlight feature, I could have used it to find a "real" flashlight. Instead of fumbling around in the dark.
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale

Messages In This Thread
Proposed feature: Flashlight mode - by Arwen - 01-05-2022, 08:38 AM
RE: Proposed feature: Flashlight mode - by Arwen - 01-06-2022, 03:32 PM
RE: Proposed feature: Flashlight mode - by Arwen - 01-10-2022, 07:37 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  abdb in 'production mode', unable to restart as root anomaly 0 1,519 01-25-2022, 06:43 AM
Last Post: anomaly