Anyway to set up automatic backups?
(06-20-2021, 07:44 AM)AwHereWeGoAgain Wrote: Hey Guys, Im going to start making customization's and modifications to my pinephone to more finely adjust it to my liking.  The thing is, if I do something I don't like or brick the OS having an emergency backup would be pretty sweet.  I know that a lot of people use Timeshift in the desktop community but I would prefer something that actually makes an image of the SD card.  (I can do this on my laptop by yanking the SD card each time I want to make a large change but I was hoping there might be something out there that would let the pinephone do it with the tap of a button.  Basically I would make a special partition on the SD card just to store my backups and make an image of the boot/root/home partitions.  Normally I would just install a sweet of programs to take care of these needs but I have been finding that a lot of the programs im used to are not set up for the ARM cpu architecture which has been slowing me down a bit.  Any options for me or is it better to yank the SD card and use my laptop to make the images?

Thanks

If you flash jumpdrive to a sdcard you get access to the emmc chip over usb

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyway to set up automatic backups? - by evilbunny - 06-21-2021, 02:40 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Disable *automatic* on-screen keyboard iwakura_lain 0 899 06-11-2022, 09:49 AM
Last Post: iwakura_lain
  Automatic Brightness Stuck On biketool 3 2,453 04-05-2022, 11:49 AM
Last Post: henrythemouse
  How to do automatic login or shorten the login number amosbatto 0 951 12-08-2021, 09:29 PM
Last Post: amosbatto
  Automatic app scaling a-wai 14 15,707 07-30-2020, 04:07 PM
Last Post: arturo2bodegas