stable releases vs test releases vs ?
Hi guys- 

go easy on me - I thought I saw a few days ago where you have 3 or 4 options for plasma builds - here's one link: https://forum.manjaro.org/t/manjaro-arm-...hone/62363

but there you have the standard stable version 

and a bleeding edge "nightly release" version

I thought there was one or two in the middle - like a "stable release" - this is what I want - not bleeding edge, but also not released a month ago. 

My real question is, though, can't I just add the (excuse my ignorance) "ppa" source to the "Discover app" for whatever the "not quite bleeding edge" release is, and have that be my default build? or does it still need to be done via SD card / flashing / terminal commands? 

I think I'd like to be a little more involved in testing, but not sure how dangerous I want to be. 

Either way, if there's a fix in "the latest kernel" for x*, how do I become more of a part of testing it? 

*x right now is: 
- I'm still missing calls, and noticing that the phone gets warm while this is happening
- I still can't send texts. 
- I still can't make calls when the phone is hot. 
- yesterday, I couldn't hang up from a call - had to shut the whole phone down, lol. 

In my mind, the most important function of a smart phone is the phone itself. I have to be able to reliably make and receive calls and texts. 

Thanks guys & gals!

Messages In This Thread
stable releases vs test releases vs ? - by mudflap - 06-02-2021, 11:16 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  switch stable or dev release? Uturn 3 1,995 07-17-2022, 01:38 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  Where to find releases information worden 1 1,658 10-18-2021, 12:20 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
  Plasma Mobile "stable" currently broken acrux 14 11,366 06-15-2021, 06:43 AM
Last Post: acrux