Which config file contains the APN specification field?
(02-07-2021, 04:31 AM)gcala Wrote: vkravenCould you try a fresh reboot of your phone, and see if the "settings -> modem" tab gets populated? If it is, I found that you need to run

Code:
sudo ofonoctl wan --connect --append-dns

in order to get an IP address and DNS nameserver assigned to wwan0 for mobile data. I put this command into a systemd startup script just to make it more automatic.

Very thanks. It worked for me. Unfortunately my systemd service fails (modem not found):

Code:
[Unit]
Description=Enable mobile data
After=ofono.service

[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStart=/usr/bin/ofonoctl wan --connect --append-dns

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Hmm, your systemd looks fine to me (I put mine in After=NetworkManager.service). I suspect it's complaining about modem not found because systemd is running it before the modem has fully started up...

You could try putting it into an .sh file with a sleep param (to easily tune the required delay), or maybe having it run After=ofono.service

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which config file contains the APN specification field? - by vkraven - 02-16-2021, 05:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you install VPN so you can set up a config file, tor, signal and disk encrypt? temp0rary 5 3,774 05-30-2021, 08:14 PM
Last Post: temp0rary
  file transfer Rainer 3 2,954 05-10-2021, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Rainer
  USB file transfer? SameExpert 3 4,349 05-04-2021, 09:26 AM
Last Post: SameExpert
  FIle Browser popup when sing Nemo/Calendar on Beta 4 nimji 5 5,061 01-28-2021, 03:29 PM
Last Post: kern707