Any progress on fixing incoming SMS?
I have been experiencing the exact problem detailed in the PinePhone FAQ: voice calling and outgoing SMS work fine, but incoming SMS is spotty, at best.  (The instructions given in the FAQ regarding deleting old messages has no effect.)  I'd say that only about 10% of received SMS messages are coming through.

Using mmcli with AT-commands I've been able to determine that the Quectel modem IS receiving all the SMS messages, but for some reason they are not being picked up by the chat app in the UI.  It seems as though either the modem is not passing the incoming SMS to the USB bus as it should--unlikely, I'd say--or, more likely, the Phosh chat app isn't picking them up from the USB.

To be specific, using AT+CMGR at the command line, I can see the messages, but only in hexadecimal.  When I send a test-text to the PinePhone, within 30 seconds I can verify that the modem has received the message using AT+CMGL, which displays the time-stamp of the message, yet no message shows up in "Chats."  I have verified that the relevant modem defaults are correct.  E.g., AT+CNMI=2,1,0,0,0.

Any info to help resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

My PinePhone details:
Hardware v1.2b
Manjaro-Phosh-beta4
Quectel firmware v01.002.07

Thanks,
Jay

Messages In This Thread
Any progress on fixing incoming SMS? - by JayByrd - 01-09-2021, 12:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Article: NuttX RTOS on PinePhone: Fixing the Interrupts lupyuen 0 968 08-31-2022, 07:58 PM
Last Post: lupyuen
  Fixing the USB-C problem in software? heng 18 20,929 01-24-2021, 11:07 PM
Last Post: xonq
  MMS Status Update - Lots of progress! kop316 2 5,312 12-12-2020, 05:47 PM
Last Post: kop316
  Incoming calls/sms when the phone sleeps petrus 8 7,379 10-26-2020, 07:40 AM
Last Post: petrus