Lockup during update, force shut down and try again?
(01-07-2021, 06:03 PM)tgz Wrote: OK was going to mess around some more trying to update but all I can get now is flashing red light, which I believe is kernel panic. So, starting to research the flashing procedure (flashing of OS, not the light Smile ), can see right off I may need some hardware accessories. Looking forward to getting this running!

Edit/update: just wanted to post this for any other noobs passing through, checking out threads of interest on Reddit and saw a bunch of comments with general consensus seemed to be to not even bother with the shipped OS (trying to update it), just go right to flashing a fresh install.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pinephone/comme..._failures/

still have to get some accessories together to proceed, doing some research...

I just flashed the newest release Beta 20. I tried to update with pacman and received an error:

error: pinephone-manjaro-tweaks: signature from "Phillip Mueller (Called Little) <philm@manjaro.org>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/pinephone-manjaro-tweaks-20211220-1-any.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it?

I typed the above in by keyboard (sorry if there is a spelling error).

I did delete that file, started over, and received the same error. I never tried "n" in answer to that question. I tried using the Add/Remove Software GUI. It wanted to update pinephone-manjaro-tweaks-20211220-1. I proceeded and received this error:

invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature):

I tried the advice above in the previous posts and forced an upgrade, but no luck. I tried sudo pacman-key --init, sudo pacman -S manjaro-keyring, sudo pacman -Syyu, and sudo pacman-mirrors -c <"Placed my country here.">.

I'm very new to Manjaro. Is there a fix for this?

(12-22-2021, 03:11 PM)tk1107 Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 06:03 PM)tgz Wrote: OK was going to mess around some more trying to update but all I can get now is flashing red light, which I believe is kernel panic. So, starting to research the flashing procedure (flashing of OS, not the light Smile ), can see right off I may need some hardware accessories. Looking forward to getting this running!

Edit/update: just wanted to post this for any other noobs passing through, checking out threads of interest on Reddit and saw a bunch of comments with general consensus seemed to be to not even bother with the shipped OS (trying to update it), just go right to flashing a fresh install.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pinephone/comme..._failures/

still have to get some accessories together to proceed, doing some research...

I just flashed the newest release Beta 20. I tried to update with pacman and received an error:

error: pinephone-manjaro-tweaks: signature from "Phillip Mueller (Called Little) <philm@manjaro.org>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/pinephone-manjaro-tweaks-20211220-1-any.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it?

I typed the above in by keyboard (sorry if there is a spelling error).

I did delete that file, started over, and received the same error. I never tried "n" in answer to that question. I tried using the Add/Remove Software GUI. It wanted to update pinephone-manjaro-tweaks-20211220-1. I proceeded and received this error:

invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature):

I tried the advice above in the previous posts and forced an upgrade, but no luck. I  tried sudo pacman-key --init, sudo pacman -S manjaro-keyring, sudo pacman -Syyu, and sudo pacman-mirrors -c <"Placed my country here.">.

I'm very new to Manjaro. Is there a fix for this?

I powered down the phone and started it back up. I tried "sudo pacman -Syyu" again and it updated fine. I typed "sudo pacman -Syyu" again to make sure. There were no issues and it indicated that "there was nothing to do" so it updated fine. I went back to the Add/Remove Software GUI and tried to update. It said that the software was up to date.

My problem seems fixed now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lockup during update, force shut down and try again? - by tk1107 - 12-22-2021, 03:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using too much juice since last update Eugo 20 3,651 03-15-2024, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Eugo
  recent update Uturn 14 1,878 02-13-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Latest update Eugo 21 8,317 03-09-2023, 05:27 AM
Last Post: Eugo
  Firefox issue with latest update Barugon 6 2,394 01-28-2023, 01:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  manjaro-pinephone / plasma-mobile-dev: Update broken Uturn 32 29,365 07-28-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: johaennessen
  How to disable automatic update checks bdicewk 4 2,350 06-12-2022, 08:10 AM
Last Post: bdicewk
  Locked out after update bnbcwllc 2 1,602 06-08-2022, 04:46 AM
Last Post: bnbcwllc
  Keyboard case stopped working on pacman update rotwang 5 3,156 05-07-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: rotwang
  Pinephone stuck on 'something went wrong' after update gofishus 1 1,587 03-06-2022, 05:48 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Force https? LittleStone 0 930 11-30-2021, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LittleStone