inquiring about PP and tracking-newbie
bravo to the guys who pushed this forward. it happened by accident that triggered me to research and ultimately realize how much privacy I dont have. I think I was asleep in the matrix like many people are. freely giving every information about myself. feeling I could trust google. not anymore.

the trigger in me was with my phone. I turned it on and icons changed. I researched that and then realized how much privacy we dont have. since then I turned off everything I could, force stopping/disabling everything i can and I dont even browse on it. ever. it was googles mistake. had they not done that and ran things in the background, I would have never known.

let me get right down to it. I watch videos on PP to learn about it. ive used android and ios but know nothing of linux or PP. one specific video was this person installing pureos (this is the librem5 os, correct?) on the PP. within the first minute I saw the overview of setting up and a screen forcing him to opt in for location. oh no thats not good. does PP software have a forced opt in for tracking?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT9XUkui4zs
in the 1:00 mark.

for me, realizing how much is being tracked with any android phone. made me look for options. Im curious regarding how much can be disabled with the PP so no tracking or data is being taken.

I dont plan on browsing on it. I will need a chat app. whatsapp is out. telegram with their new ads' is out, so maybe signal. otherwise will be happy to just use sms. anyone want, they can call. gps maps I will need and the basics like calculator sms and thats pretty much it. this trigger was a few months ago and since then I hardly want to use my phone.

I realize the PP is privacy aimed and features is not critical. thats fine by me. but seeing the video of the guy forced to opt in for location is a worry for me. I dont have anything to hide but no respect to a persons privacy and constant tracking really gets me worked up.

ive erased my fb, this used old laptop I use now (just for browsing) uses w10 (horrible)and its getting downgraded back to w7. I plan to install linux on another spare 2nd pc and learn that in parallel as it will be too frustrating for me to make a cold turkey switch.

besides this I see many videos of people showing issues with the software but im glad the option is there and in time will get better so really psyched .  I read many posts here to learn about the PP as well. all in all, I think its wonderful.
I wish I could convert my brother but hes mac fanboy ostrich with head in the sand, which also happned by accident because of his buggy HTC windows mobile.

stay safe and merry christmas

Messages In This Thread
inquiring about PP and tracking-newbie - by rocketman122 - 12-25-2020, 08:15 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Security vulnerability tracking sirspate 0 1,777 03-04-2020, 12:59 PM
Last Post: sirspate