Enabling internal USB expansion power
Hi ya'll,

So I'm a pinetab noob trying to make lora go. I have some questions about the internal USB hub routing.

The block diagram on page 2 of the schematic says "SATA SSD" port(?) connected to the four port internal usb hub (via HOST-DP2/DM2):

[Image: HrZ08pT.png]

But if I look on page 16 of the schematic is says that the "Docking" port is connected to port DP2/DM2 on the hub.  Also the docking portion of the schematic seems to have presence sensing to control power for that port.  So I assume it really is the "docking" connector for the keyboard add on.

[Image: HwU7wxr.png]
So is the correct internal expansion port actually the "usb host" connected to HOST-DP1/DM1?
If so, I suspect the reason I don't see my lora device is that I need to turn on GPIO0-LDO on the PMIC?  Does anyone know how to do that yet?  (Or even how to get pmic status in /proc or somesuch so I can poke around?

Alternatively: Is there a recommended way to open the case on the Pinetab (so I can physically look to confirm that the Lora board that was supposed to be installed is actually present  Smile )

Thanks much!

Messages In This Thread
Enabling internal USB expansion power - by geeksville - 10-28-2020, 03:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not able to power on PineTab anymore zkajdan 3 439 12-26-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: FortunateFowl
Lightbulb Tutorial: (Internal SDR) Adding External Threaded Antenna Port RTP 2 3,268 02-20-2021, 06:43 PM
Last Post: RTP