Touchscreen deadspots?
Hi all, 

Received my pinetab today and noticed on first boot the top row of the onscreen keyboard was unresponsive and I was unable to enter most things for the setup. Once I got to the desktop I verified that there is a strip that runs the full width that doesn't respond to any touch input. The plastic screen protector also came with a bunch of scratches and fingerprints, removing it did help touch sensitivity somewhat on the rest of the screen but that strip was still dead. On top of that, the keyboard case only a few keys work. I verified with an external keyboard that it can receive those inputs. 

I'm leaning towards a hardware problem (which is a bummer given how long the wait was) but wanted to check to see if anyone else encountered similar and if there's an easy solution. Thanks.

Edit 1: Tested multiple operating systems, problem persists. Screen rotations don't change where the bad strip is. Gotta be a hardware issue, went ahead and submitted a ticket. Am sad.

Edit 2: Attached image to show what I'm talking about. Drawn horizontal lines with gimp roughly covering the possible y-axis points when in landscape mode. Turns out, there's actually two dead strips. When trying to draw in between those two white spots on the bottom input just goes above or below. Sometimes it would cross over due to momentum and gimp approximating things but it's impossible for anything to register inside those bounds Sad

Attached Files
.jpg   pinetab_bad_touchscreen.jpg (Size: 232.74 KB / Downloads: 387)

Messages In This Thread
Touchscreen deadspots? - by quipacorn - 09-10-2020, 12:37 PM
RE: Touchscreen deadspots? - by SpoofyKid - 09-10-2020, 01:57 PM
RE: Touchscreen deadspots? - by quipacorn - 09-10-2020, 02:08 PM
RE: Touchscreen deadspots? - by quipacorn - 09-17-2020, 04:07 PM
RE: Touchscreen deadspots? - by tllim - 09-19-2020, 02:26 PM
RE: Touchscreen deadspots? - by quipacorn - 09-19-2020, 03:07 PM
RE: Touchscreen deadspots? - by strawberryfields - 09-28-2020, 10:25 AM
RE: Touchscreen deadspots? - by quipacorn - 09-28-2020, 11:25 AM
RE: Touchscreen deadspots? - by quipacorn - 10-02-2020, 11:29 AM
RE: Touchscreen deadspots? - by quipacorn - 10-11-2020, 10:31 AM