Darktable - characters are square
(09-01-2020, 02:13 PM)PaulQ Wrote:
(09-01-2020, 08:46 AM)Jeremiah Cornelius Wrote: I suspect that the problem lies here. It's just not normal, that your UI font - set in an appearance control panel, is not picked up by the snap.

Either the snap is somehow set for a different locale/codepage - which is unlikely, or that the Darktable snap may need the fonts installed as additional snap packages themselves. It's worth looking for a solution here, because in other messages, you have already installed a huge number of typeface families, on many paths for fonts.

This is a topic probably best answered on https://forum.snapcraft.io/, tho' I've had mixed results with closing issues in that forum before - it's where the expertise will best be shared, and the findings of earlier users is searchable.

I hope this sets you along a helpful path for resolution. I look forward to your results.

Best,
Thanks for the input, I'll try that. The only thing that makes me think maybe something's misconfigured with my system is the fact that, when I open a LibreOffice app, the font names do not show up in the list unless I highlight them. Is this normal behaviour for the Pinebook Pro? I have a picture of this issue here: https://cloud.pquirk.com/index.php/s/si6aSQR26SwYXBQ

I had that issue as well in Libreoffice, if you go to tools/options/view and deselect "show preview of fonts" the font list shows up normally...but without preview of course.   There is probably a color setting somewhere that will darken the background of the preview font list....but as usual...I have not looked into it yet (just need to get work done Smile ).  

Messages In This Thread
Darktable - characters are square - by PaulQ - 08-30-2020, 06:08 PM
RE: Darktable - characters are square - by gabeeg - 08-31-2020, 12:35 PM
RE: Darktable - characters are square - by PaulQ - 08-31-2020, 02:23 PM
RE: Darktable - characters are square - by PaulQ - 09-01-2020, 02:13 PM
RE: Darktable - characters are square - by gabeeg - 09-01-2020, 05:52 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  < and > as characters in C? ab1jx 4 3,264 01-20-2021, 04:40 AM
Last Post: barray
  Keyboard types random characters erock22 10 8,924 10-30-2020, 08:53 PM
Last Post: erock22