Discussion of Moving Production Outside of China
(07-30-2020, 05:39 PM)LittleWalter Wrote: Not sure if this has been discussed, or if this is "too political" or not PC to talk about around these parts, but has there been any?

More and more, I'm starting to look for items made and produced outside of mainland China.  I understand that certain components would be hard--if not impossible to source--but it's nice to a see a "Made in the UK" stamp on a RPi box/board or "Made in Korea" on HardKernel's products, for example.  Yeah, I love how open source everything w/ Pine64 it still bugs me.  Yeah, I realize it's a complicated topic wrt cost, logistics, etc.

Sorry, if this has been posted before.

I agree with you. America, UK and other westen countries used to produce everything. Unfortunetly, politic and policies, ended that, enriching China with tons of manufactures. Countries who have lost their manufactures should strive to bring them back to their countries creating jobs and help their own country's economy. Because, western countries specially, became so depleted of manufactures it is hard to produce anything in land. I thank God for PINE64 and their wonderful project, and I hope that eventhough their products are being made in China right now, Pine64 will prosper enough to have their wornderful products being made elsewher, in the UK, USA, GERMANY, BRAZIL, ETC... Sorry if my post went of tech content.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discussion of Moving Production Outside of China - by Xzska-collab - 04-01-2021, 06:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why no ePacket shipping from China? KNERD 4 1,231 06-29-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: poundinitiative
  Poll: Move production outside of China? KNERD 10 9,490 04-22-2021, 02:23 PM
Last Post: xalius