Discussion of Moving Production Outside of China
I apologize to the moderators for contributing to a political discussion, but if these forums are read by Pine64 personnel I think it's an important venue of making their customers' voice heard. So my voice - I'd be willing to support them by paying more if Pine64 decides to move their production elsewhere, and I've presented my reasons for why while trying to avoid flame wars. But ultimately even the questions of open source vs closed source is a matter of politics, so IMHO it's a bit silly to ask avoiding discussing any politics in a fundamentally political community. It is perfectly reasonable, however, to ask people to stay civil and avoid speculating about who's on top and how long they will be there.

Would moving production out of China be difficult and expensive? Most definitely. Will most people be OK paying more for that? Possibly not. Will that make Pine64's future even less certain? Probably. Is this decision up to Pine64 and most everybody else can do is vote with their money? Absolutely.
This message was created with 100% recycled electrons

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discussion of Moving Production Outside of China - by moonwalkers - 03-29-2021, 11:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why no ePacket shipping from China? KNERD 4 1,240 06-29-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: poundinitiative
  Poll: Move production outside of China? KNERD 10 9,534 04-22-2021, 02:23 PM
Last Post: xalius