Discussion of Moving Production Outside of China
You can only make workers do what they're willing to do. When that fails, you're not talking free-market anymore: there's some kind of collusion happening, usually in the form of government. And a true free-market (I'm not going to use the term capitalism) is the best way to stop "food containing carcinogens, factories dumping contaminants to air or water, remove education, remove health system, even arresting based on ideology". Time and time again it can be shown that government controls get us exactly the opposite. Incidentally, with the exception on the last one, China of all places is really, really good at achieving your other goals. They are very proud of this.

I don't know what part of the world you live in, but where I am, you pay taxes or really bad things happen. I don't pay taxes and get some great benefits, in fact right now more than ever, it's obvious that I'm not getting "education, health, control on the quality of products, protection" from my taxes, I'm getting bureaucratic tyranny.

It's a nice theory that you can just replace your government every time it goes bad. But how often does this happen? And how often do you end up with better government? Everyone in the world puts up with their government, somehow or other.

I don't think China has a better government than other places. I wouldn't like to live in China for the government. But I don't. And what China does is really none of my business. This is the Crux of the issue. The sentiment pervading the "most civilised" cultures these days is that *I* have to provide for the "safety and security" of everyone else. No, I'd rather worry about me and my own. The Chinese people aren't asking me for help, nor do they need to. They're just add capable of revolution as anyone else. "Human rights" are not the reason I don't buy "made in China". I don't buy "made in China" because it is the intent of the Chinese government to bring down everyone else's economy whilst bringing theirs up. I don't buy "made in China" because I'd like to support the last vestiges of capitalism.

I yoosta think that Switzerland had the best form of government. But it has shown that the populace these days is incapable of ruling: The people have too many fantastical ideals, not just in Switzerland. The best government is the smallest one. And a true democracy is the largest one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discussion of Moving Production Outside of China - by KC9UDX - 08-03-2020, 01:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why no ePacket shipping from China? KNERD 4 1,312 06-29-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: poundinitiative
  Poll: Move production outside of China? KNERD 10 9,671 04-22-2021, 02:23 PM
Last Post: xalius