Discussion of Moving Production Outside of China
I have worked in Beijing and the US.

For me it comes to do freedom.

Are the workers in China free to contract their labor or are they slaves/serfs/subjects? Some are, some aren't. So yes and no. I would say some are subjects, and some are slaves. It really depends on how productive you are from the state's point of view.

Are the workers in US free to contract their labor or are they slaves/serfs/subjects? In the US workers are not free to contract their labor as they see fit. So they are at least subjects.

For example, minimum wage laws interfere with the US citizen's right to contract their labor as they see fit. And in fact there are many thousands of other regulations restricting the US citizen, such as environmental regulations. All these regulations that are imposed on the US worker lead to them being less competitive in the world labor market.

What this also means is that the "ownership" of the US citizen's labor belongs to the state and thus the US citizen is actually a serf who begs the government for permission to work and it is government which determines the terms under which they can work.

Lastly, in the late 1800s the US Supreme Court ruled that taxes on labor are slavery. Thus, the 13th amendment not withstanding, we can see that US citizens are slaves. And if you accept the supreme court's view some Chinese citizens are slaves, though the tax policy in China changes quite often and usually the regular worker pays very little income tax, but it varies.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discussion of Moving Production Outside of China - by motox6 - 08-02-2020, 02:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why no ePacket shipping from China? KNERD 4 1,307 06-29-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: poundinitiative
  Poll: Move production outside of China? KNERD 10 9,665 04-22-2021, 02:23 PM
Last Post: xalius