Unable to login due to the password change
Hello everyone,
I just have a quick question. Just got my new Pine64 UBports edition phone and after booting the phone first time I was prompted to enter a screen lock pin, which I did and chose 4 digits pin. After I boot into the UBPorts system, played around, opened terminal and went ahead and changed password for the main user by passwd command. After a while the screen was locked and in order to unlock it, you get a prompt to enter password. The initial 4 digit pin is not accepted, since I changed password. But, there is no way to enter new password (letters and digits) as the prompt only has digits option. There is no way to enter a new password which contains letters. I wasn't aware that the new password for the user will also apply as a screen unlock PIN. Now, I am stuck with no way to enter the system and need to reset it. What is the fastest way to factory reset UBports without full reinstall? Pressing Up Volume + Power Button get me "Installing update" screen which never disappear. In regular Androind phone you login to a bootloader and just factory reset system. Could anyone suggest how to factory reset UT system instead of full reinstall? Also, why screen lock pin is the same as a user password?
Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
Unable to login due to the password change - by pine_usr - 07-23-2020, 04:31 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fix for online account login Nooblife 1 2,545 07-11-2021, 03:30 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  Unable to make a phone call bingo600 4 6,816 07-23-2020, 10:18 AM
Last Post: israel
  SSH wont connect [Permission denied (publickey,password)]. LMalilil 3 5,461 06-23-2020, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LMalilil