How to Add a Second Power Button
Yes, it's an idea that perhaps hundreds of Pinebook Pro owners might buy.

While I have the skills to do the overall design, I don't have the knowledge or skills to get the details of the chip(s) integration into a working board.

Used to work as an embedded programmer, many years ago. Sometimes I had to revise my boss'  embedded computer designs because he did not understand the chip's usage by the software. Once I even proposed a new chip, an early SoC. He said it was not suitable because it did not have enough of what we use. He had not read the, (paper), manual I had given him. It had everything and a little more. All in one package.

Anyway, I hope to find someone who can perform the chip integration and board layout. I can afford to pay an outsider, but finding someone might be harder this summer than a bit later.

I may even have the MicroUSB port switchable, (from the outside), between serial console & USB 2.0. There is an internal USB 2.0 hub, (for the keyboard, etc...), that has 2 free ports. The design could leave an option to bring it onto the small board. Again, while I can see the potential, and have the specifications, I just can't integrate it into a functional design :-(.
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to Add a Second Power Button - by Arwen - 07-24-2020, 07:27 AM
RE: How to Add a Second Power Button - by Arwen - 07-25-2020, 10:17 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Setup power profile from nvme bootscript korneliuszo 2 10,954 02-11-2020, 11:02 AM
Last Post: korneliuszo