Spotify clients
Today I build ncspot. (https://github.com/hrkfdn/ncspot) It worked. I was able to listen to music without needing another device while I was on the bus today. Though I sometimes experienced crashes when I wanted to play music by artist. I didn't look into the causes of the error. Sometimes you will see errors showing but they didn't cause any problems for me. Since I was on the bus I didn't care to look into it. Ncspot is still usable I just had to press an arrow key to get into another menu and everything looked fine again.

As far as I know you need Spotify Premium for this client as well.

Building ncspot worked like building librespot just with one change. Just downloading all dependencies first, then getting the source using git and building it with cargo. I noticed that building on the PinePhone took forever and I couldnt really use it anymore. When I looked into it there was no memory left. So I recommend building it using cargo build -j 1 --release (if you are too lazy setting up cross compiling like I am).

Code:
sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get install rustc libpulse-dev libssl-dev libxcb1-dev libxcb-render0-dev libxcb-shape0-dev libxcb-xfixes0-dev libasound2-dev libncurses-dev libssl-dev libdbus-1-dev pkg-config
mkdir build
cd build
git clone https://github.com/hrkfdn/ncspot
cd ncspot
cargo build -j 1 --release

The built files will be in ~/build/ncspot/target/release

So in order to run it go there and start ncspot.

You look up the key bindings on the ncspot git page.

Code:
cd /home/mobian/build/ncspot/target/release
./ncspot

I also tried building Tizonia but failed at it. For now I didn't feel looking further into it since ncspot works for me.

Messages In This Thread
Spotify clients - by vicky - 06-27-2020, 08:58 AM
RE: Spotify client (Spotify Connect) - by vicky - 06-29-2020, 04:35 PM
RE: Spotify clients - by Tristan42 - 08-05-2020, 06:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot install spotify, librespot or mopidy Gon 3 3,609 06-18-2021, 06:53 AM
Last Post: Gon
  best options for email clients arturo2bodegas 6 7,857 08-05-2020, 09:30 AM
Last Post: arturo2bodegas