General getting started
Arwen,

This is not a complaint, only a suggestion, mainly for those PBP owners and users that are also new to the Linux operating system and programming language.  A personal note, I have found from past experience that social media forums are not always the best way to ask for assistance if/when any really big problem comes up when trying to use, or learn to use, a new product.  Social media forums can be of some use as a tool to address situations or problems that affect several users of a given product.  Some companies that I have done business with establish what that company terms 'tech support' or 'customer support' staff as a part if the basic business plan.  The main focus of the people in that section would be tasked with answering, or trying to answer, questions from those new users/owners that become frustrated almost to the point of attempting to demand a full and immediate refund of all charges the user/owner incurred while trying to get that new purchase to even start.  In my case, I had posted a few questions in the forums here about the Pinebook Pro that I recently received.  Generally, this laptop is a good quality item.  I have not been able to learn enough about it to say the laptop is a 'great' value for the cost involved.  To date, even after posting the qestions in some of the forums here, I have not seen or received any answer to my questions.  At present, my PBP is not boot-able.  When powered on, it will go to a screen or page asking for a password.  No matter what I might enter on that page, a message comes back: password failed.  My main question right now is: How can I either restore the original software on this laptop and start using it, or how could I load a different version of Linux on the laptop so that I would at least be able to use it?  Please help as my frustration is growing.
Thank you,
James Good

Messages In This Thread
General getting started - by James Good - 06-19-2020, 09:45 AM
RE: General getting started - by TDC_PBP - 06-19-2020, 10:39 AM
RE: General getting started - by James Good - 06-19-2020, 04:27 PM
RE: General getting started - by tophneal - 06-19-2020, 12:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinebook Pro only started once River 8 2,871 11-25-2022, 06:54 PM
Last Post: River
  How is youtube and general web browsing on the PineBook Pro? catloaf 4 3,231 06-22-2022, 01:49 PM
Last Post: gravedigger
  Recently started getting a lot of double letter input when typing. tyerod 6 5,164 06-04-2021, 10:33 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  General getting started James Good 8 8,956 10-16-2020, 12:52 PM
Last Post: James Good