Screen offset
Hi,

I am very pleased with my Pinebook Pro.

However it seems my screen has some really nasty offset resulting in a two-millimeter black bar at the left-hand side and the bottom and some pixels vanishing at the top and the right-hand side (see attached files).

The screen seems to be glued-in so I guess my only chance is to "unglue" it, try to move the screen and then somehow glue it back!?

Does anybody else have this offset?

Cheers,

Yann

Attached Files
.jpg   20200529_094044.jpg-small.jpg (Size: 11.55 KB / Downloads: 516)
.jpg   20200529_094051.jpg-small.jpg (Size: 12.22 KB / Downloads: 462)
.jpg   20200529_094105.jpg-small.jpg (Size: 14.2 KB / Downloads: 427)
.jpg   20200529_094127.jpg-small.jpg (Size: 11.91 KB / Downloads: 453)
The pinebook pro I received also had its LCD panel set too high and too far to th right:
[Image: 31C8E734-A8CA-4A67-B157-74B69ECFF984.jpg]

I was able to right it by prying of the bezel (there are two screws the rubber stickers that need to be removed first) and then gently moving the panel.
(06-03-2020, 03:57 AM)khanku Wrote: I was able to right it by prying of the bezel (there are two screws the rubber stickers that need to be removed first) and then gently moving the panel. 
Thank you. I had the same problem and following your advice I was able to solve it.
Sad 
I failed big time.... Confused   Once I got half of the screen bezel off (was a pain) I inserted little plastic parts to keep the screen where it should be. Unfortunately that resulted in a very unstable connection of the webcam for some reason until it stopped working altogether. I tried getting the bezel completely off to get to the webcam cable but ultimately broke the screen a little. I now have a few centimeters of funny random colors in a vertical bar across the center of the screen... I'm mildly amused...  Undecided Just ordered a replacement screen, meh... If you try repairing or improving things, you might break them...
(06-03-2020, 12:24 PM)nobodyinperson Wrote: I failed big time.... Confused   Once I got half of the screen bezel off (was a pain) I inserted little plastic parts to keep the screen where it should be. Unfortunately that resulted in a very unstable connection of the webcam for some reason until it stopped working altogether. I tried getting the bezel completely off to get to the webcam cable but ultimately broke the screen a little. I now have a few centimeters of funny random colors in a vertical bar across the center of the screen... I'm mildly amused...  Undecided Just ordered a replacement screen, meh... If you try repairing or improving things, you might break them...

That's too bad. Since you'll have to remove the bezel completely to replace your screen maybe you can take that as an opportunity to document the process and add some pictures to the wiki? https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pinebo...Reassembly only documents the assembly of the bottom cover at the moment.
BTW I just replaced the whole screen. It was easy enough, just removing the back cover, removing the ribbon cable, unscrewing the hinges, replacing the screen, fixing it again, replugging the cable, adding the back cover, done.

Still, the bezel on the new screen feels a little cheap, is a little loose and clacks when you touch it. I guess that's what we get. But everything works!

But I am very happy I can use my Pinebook Pro again!
I dissembled the whole thing myself. Well, because of the LCD edge cover I couldn't really perfectly align the LCD. If the socket or cover would more tight, aligned to dimensions of the LCD it would be great, but it is so off...
The bezel itself is very cheap plastic, does not hold much. Most of the glue is getting destroyed while dissembling. But if you re-glue it then it would almost impossible to dissemble it next time without harming the LCD itself. I could improve the situation but this part of the PBP is really-really not impressive. Sad

I know, 200 USD laptop, get over it. I will, but the damn screen flickering is still there. I was hoping for a bad connection or anything, but still there. Sad
At least now I know how to replace the LCD if needed.
Keep in mind that there may be different revisions of this hardware.

I have two PBPs. I haven't disassembled the screen portion of either all the way yet. But I pried them both apart in order to relocate the magnet. I found that the two I have seem to be completely different inside. I plan to fully disassemble one of them eventually. When I do, I hope to document the construction of it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Malfunction: horizontal white streak on the screen regivanx 0 927 06-23-2022, 12:59 AM
Last Post: regivanx
  Troubleshooting of pinebook Pro red light and black screen wangyukunshan 0 1,685 03-23-2022, 12:10 AM
Last Post: wangyukunshan
  I broke my screen :( espenbo 3 2,900 01-03-2022, 03:46 PM
Last Post: altacus
  Broken Screen vxzero 0 1,325 08-26-2021, 09:02 PM
Last Post: vxzero
  Pinebook Pro screen failure? BBreeziN 1 2,886 01-08-2021, 03:21 PM
Last Post: member
  Defective screen? ryn1x 4 5,729 11-16-2020, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Lyrixcaz
  Horrible screen flicker/strobe on battery power mattjb 19 24,328 09-14-2020, 03:19 AM
Last Post: m.bakhterev
Thumbs Up 180 degree screen tilt mod - works for me! mil 2 4,191 08-21-2020, 05:28 AM
Last Post: polrus
  PBP not booting screen blank after SD card boot Jakobp 10 13,458 08-18-2020, 08:56 PM
Last Post: trinapicot
  PBP lines across screen, halts whilst running (prev. will not power on) ajcollins 5 6,713 07-05-2020, 02:30 AM
Last Post: ajcollins