Pinebook Pro & PinePhone shipping progress (2020)
For anybody getting a t.17track.net link: my strictly personal impressions are as follows.

If you

•bought a pinephone community edition: ubports limited edition linux smartphone
•if you chose the cheaper shipping option (pinephone shipping, 15 usd)
•if you did not upgrade to DHL (for another 15 usd)

then the original carrier (shipping the parcel) was Asendia. It is a joint venture of French and Swiss Post. After some complications in the end they took the parcels to France, to Switzerland and for some unknown reasons to several other countries (eg Brazil), but not to the rest of the world.

After that a batch of the devices remained in Hongkong in a seemingly desperate situation. Ultimately the folk responsible for shipping found a new carrier that took the shipments to certain more destinations (it seems to me that these are mainly countries of the eu). We got a tracking number for our parcels, but we could not find any information regarding our phone.

As somebody has earlier mentioned, 17track.net is not a carrier: it is a webpage to help tracking your parcels. But this webpage is unable to find our tracking number (probably in several hundreds of carrier specific tracking systems). What is more, they suggest that the tracking number belongs to Belgian Post. I think it is a mistake.

I think that the tracking number belongs to 4px.com. They might be a Chinese courier, a Chinese logistic company or something like that: it seems to be plausible that they have access to Hongkong (to where many other service may not have).

And now the bottom line: I could find my tracking number on track.4px.com/query/ (and on several other global tracking website). Now it says that my phone was picked up on 7th July, and it departed from facility to a (further, obscure) service provider. Anyway, it seems to be underway to Croatia (I live in Hungary but I am so much fed up with DHL Hungary that I asked to ship to Croatia).

So fingers crossed…

Sorry for the lengthy post.

Many thanks to the pinephone team.
For those folks in United States, you can go to https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAc...put.action
Insert your 30 digit tracking number and USPS will give the update

Also USPS allows you to get automatic updates to your phone
madas Wrote:And now the bottom line: I could find my tracking number on track.4px.com/query/ (and on several other global tracking website). Now it says that my phone was picked up on 7th July, and it departed from facility to a (further, obscure) service provider. Anyway, it seems to be underway to Croatia (I live in Hungary but I am so much fed up with DHL Hungary that I asked to ship to Croatia).
Thanks! I could now find my package on 17track as well, by manually selecting 4PX instead of Belgian Post. (I'm in the EU as well.)

Current status:

2020-07-10 23:17 HKG, shipment departed from airport of origin country
    2020-07-09 23:00 HKG, Hand over to airline.
    2020-07-08 15:23 HONG KONG - HONG KONG, Depart from facility to service provider.
    2020-07-07 10:23 HONG KONG - HONG KONG, 4PX picked up shipment.
    2020-07-07 10:23 HONG KONG - HONG KONG, Shipment arrived at facility and measured.
Is there any update to the phones shipping to India. I opted for DHL originally and ordered on April 3rd.
Order #127067
Anybody from India got phone already?.
Any update from Pinephone staff would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jitto P.Jose
Just recieved my pinebook pro yesterday (fedex to Japan).
Came in a very nicely packaged box - the unboxing experience was a joy.
Want to thank Luke and the team at Pine64 for being transparent and keeping us all updated through every step of the shipping progress during the unfortunate circumstances caused by the pandemic.
I received a USPS tracking number on July 3rd (from 17track). Then, on July 9th, it updated to "a shipping label has been printed". It's still in this pre-shipping state today, July 13th. so what's the deal? I live like 75 miles from Compton, why can't you just mail it already?
Want to say a big 'Thank-you!' to Pine64 team. Ordered both Manjaro Pinebook Pro and Ubuntu CE Pinephone back in April. So, the Pinebook Pro arrived after about seven weeks - excellent piece of kit!! Pinephone didn't appear, for all the very valid reasons mentioned. As I had to be away with work I decided to cancel my phone order ( during the hight of CV19 when we were given and option. ) I just followed the process and received a refund  - about ten days later. I was very happy with the service. Even better, my work changed again just when some Ubuntu CE Pinephones became available again - so I reordered.
Pine64 - thank you.
Fellow phone waitees - this is a small, socially responsible company, selling us a good product at a remarkable price. Let's cut them some slack and be patient. Peace.
Richard Rowe

Pinebook Pro
Pinephone Ubports
(07-13-2020, 11:09 AM)Barugon Wrote: I received a USPS tracking number on July 3rd (from 17track). Then, on July 9th, it updated to "a shipping label has been printed". It's still in this pre-shipping state today, July 13th. so what's the deal? I live like 75 miles from Compton, why can't you just mail it already?

I guess all is the pandemic fault.

Phones were initially going to be shipped on May 28. Then nothing happened for many phones, and they ask us to pay an upgrade service on June 9th so DHL would ship out the phones. I checked on DHL, and for the price we paid for shipping in total, this should be a few days shipping. However, weeks run, and nothing happened again. Last DHL-upgraded phones were supposed to be sent on June 19. Days passed, and many people only got silence. They asked for money again to upgrade the rest of the shipments.  The remaining first shipments and the second shipments were mixed.  There was a batch from the first upgrade that was never sent, and it was combined with the second DHL-upgrade. People started to get upset because of this trick.  Other people appealed to the human nature of pine64 staff and how good people they are. Let's be patient. A few days ago, people received a message from pine64 containing a tracking number. Hurray? Not yet. This only informs that the destination country is printing labels. No news for the phone yet. At least it means DHL now is handling the packages. Might they be traveling? Or they might be waiting in china. Who knows.

Anyway, this is all because of the pandemic situation. Let's be patient.
Refunds. When will they be issued?
When the last batch of upgrades to DHL is expected to be shipped? Has anyone received a DHL tracking number already?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 88,323 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,727 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,166 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,693 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,190 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,879 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,851 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,005 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,672 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
  Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread Luke 122 145,703 01-28-2021, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Muad