Pinebook Pro & PinePhone shipping progress (2020)
Hello,
I've asked for a refund on 12 June 2020. It's processed but what is bothering me is that the sales team told me that I had to wait until the end of the Pinebook Pro shipping that is "scheduled" on July. My question is.. why I have to wait for the shipment of the PBP to get a refund for a PinePhone CE? I see no relation between one thing and the other.

It makes not much sense tbh but anyway It would be good to have clear reasonable answer. @Luke maybe you can give me an honest answer regarding this?
Thank you.
(06-22-2020, 09:15 AM)malditobastardo Wrote: Hello,
I've asked for a refund on 12 June 2020. It's processed but what is bothering me is that the sales team told me that I had to wait until the end of the Pinebook Pro shipping that is "scheduled" on July. My question is.. why I have to wait for the shipment of the PBP to get a refund for a PinePhone CE? I see no relation between one thing and the other.

It makes not much sense tbh but anyway It would be good to have clear reasonable answer.  @Luke maybe you can give me an honest answer regarding this?
Thank you.

Probably has to do with how paperwork was filed with Hong Kong customs. I suspect your cancelled device needs to be shipped across the border before a refund can be issued; the number of units and paperwork needs to be perfectly tip-top, otherwise an entire batch can be put in jeopardy.
This is just a guess, and I've got no time to check on each individual case, but this is very likely.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Whoohoo!  The times they are a changin...

I got a notification from DHL!

I ordered my PinePhone Community Edition on 4/25 to be shipped DHL and got a paypal notice that Syabas Technology in HK had received it also on the 25th. 

Based on the order date, I think I was in the "second batch".  Never heard an official confirmation of that.

Today the Much Demanded "DHL On Demand Delivery" email stating "Your DHL Express shipment with waybill number xxxx from SYABAS TECHNOLOGY HONG KONG LIMITED is on its way. The current estimated delivery is Mon Jun 29 by End of Day."

I am so excited.  Hang in their people, Santa Claus does come in June. 

Don't get old, don't get responsibiities.  I've beent procrastinating reading the forum. Now, I have to:
1- Determine how to make this a t-mo, band 12, extended range, VoLTE daily driver with SMS, voice, and internet access.  
2- figure out what this stuff is about Vconn, the fix, and if that will prevent something to do with SD cards.
3- Determine the USB-C port's max bandwidth on this phone to determine if a USB SD card reader will be faster than the internal SD reader.
4- Depending on that, 3D print a thin sleeve that has a USB-C card reader so I can get a big SD card for multiple distros and swap.  (Dream would be a tiny USB-C hub for the card reader and other items).
5- Investigate zram, zswap, zthatotherthing
6- Work on Anbox for the few items like Slack and ZenDesk.

Thanks Luke! Thanks Pine64 team!
Bill
(06-22-2020, 09:59 AM)bills2002 Wrote: Whoohoo!  The times they are a changin...

I ordered my PinePhone Community Edition on 4/25 to be shipped DHL and got a paypal notice that Syabas Technology in HK had received it also on the 25th. 

Based on the order date, I think I was in the "second batch".  Never heard an official confirmation of that.

This gives me hope!  I ordered mine on 4/25 but haven't received a shipping notice yet.  Hopefully I will see one soon!
(06-22-2020, 09:28 AM)Luke Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 09:15 AM)malditobastardo Wrote: Hello,

It makes not much sense tbh but anyway It would be good to have clear reasonable answer.  @Luke maybe you can give me an honest answer regarding this?
Thank you.

Probably has to do with how paperwork was filed with Hong Kong customs. I suspect your cancelled device needs to be shipped across the border before a refund can be issued; the number of units and paperwork needs to be perfectly tip-top, otherwise an entire batch can be put in jeopardy.
This is just a guess, and I've got no time to check on each individual case, but this is very likely.

I see. Thanks for answering. Smile
I hope it doesn't take too long. Will keep informed.
Got my DHL email today! Says it should arrive by the end of this week
OP updated
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(06-22-2020, 10:06 AM)stinger Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 09:59 AM)bills2002 Wrote: Whoohoo!  The times they are a changin...

This gives me hope!  I ordered mine on 4/25 but haven't received a shipping notice yet.  Hopefully I will see one soon!

I ordered on 04/28 and got my notification this morning, so you should hear something today, I'd think.
(06-22-2020, 10:06 AM)stinger Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 09:59 AM)bills2002 Wrote: I got a notification from DHL!

I, too, got my DHL notification for a "second"-batch device (ordered 28 May) about six hours ago (not an upgrade from Asendia).  If you haven't seen yours, you might check if you opted for DHL (I'm told Asendia shows up as "Pine Phone Shipping" in the receipt).  To be honest, I expected to have to wait much longer.  Now, if only my refrigerator could show up so quickly ...
Iv'e ordered a pinebook pro on 25th of may. Will it get shipped in this shipment or the next one? iv'e ordered using FedEx

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 88,325 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,731 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,166 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,693 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,190 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,896 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,856 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,005 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,675 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
  Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread Luke 122 145,709 01-28-2021, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Muad