Pinebook Pro & PinePhone shipping progress (2020)
I believe Fedex shipments are not part of this forum, and must not be asked on this thread based on the last few weeks of regular posting about the Fedex shipping status followup but the recent conclusion of the Pinebook shipping section update. I am truly sorry for cluttering up this place of the inappropriate Fedex shipment question, and will directly contact the sales team from now on about this matter - if it helps.
(06-18-2020, 03:54 PM)Luke Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 03:44 PM)wils91 Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 03:35 PM)Luke Wrote: OP post updated.

@Luke 

will you come out to clarify that having manjaro installed on the pinebook pro is a standard thing as advertised or is it a non-essential ? 

can i have the expectation that manjaro will be installed when i power up my device upon received?

Yes, you absolutely should have received a unit with Manjaro preinstalled. I have believe that during QA your original PBP was deemed somehow faulty or not up-to the standard and exchanged for one kept in storage (we keep a handful of units for RMA from each production). Those units were not flashed with Manjaro however, as they were produced previously - in January if memory serves me right.

As for resolving the situation: Manjaro offers an installer that will allow you to flash their default OS image to eMMC using a SD card in a matter of minutes - link

If you require assistance with this process, please join the chats and someone will walk you though the required steps. Alternatively, you're welcome to join Manjaro ARM forums and submit your query there.

Apologies for the situation.

thank you for clarifying 
maybe @nathanielwheeler will need this help

i am still waiting for my PBP
(06-18-2020, 03:56 PM)Minori Wrote: I believe Fedex shipments are not part of this forum, and must not be asked on this thread based on the last few weeks of regular posting about the Fedex shipping status followup but the recent conclusion of the Pinebook shipping section update. I am truly sorry for cluttering up this place of the inappropriate Fedex shipment question, and will directly contact the sales team from now on about this matter - if it helps.
can you please clarify that  ?
why is it inappropriate to ask what happens to the Fedex
shipping which cannot be converted to DHL  ?
(06-18-2020, 12:56 PM)wils91 Wrote: If the manjaro is promised to be shipped and installed, it should be shipped and installed and by that I mean when I press the power button I should see manjaro and not go into some kind of upgrader or even to download the OS myself.

Manjaro is not Debian.

And why am I saying that?

One of the things Debian aims for is to always have a clean upgrade path. So long as your hardware is fully supported, you should always be able to apt-get dist-upgrade your way forward.

Now what do I see when I look on the Manjaro forums?

Quote:"We recommend re-installing the system, since we made major changes between the 20.02 and 20.04 releases, that are not part of package updates."
(source)

So, if you are running Manjaro, you are going to have to climb the hill of learning how to reflash pretty soon anyway.

When I said, "It should be sooo simple", I was not aiming to be condenscending. I was aiming to encourage people. When I tried it myself, using the most basic possible tools (dd the sd image), it worked.

When people come back with such an aggressive response, it does not make you want to try to help them any further.
I'm seriously wondering if I'm the only person from the United Arab Emirates to order a PinePhone. Anyway, I got the Asendia shipping and patiently waiting. All shipping should be back to normal over here. Please keep us, less popular countries, up to date if anything comes up. Respect to the entire team at Pine64 for their amazing work.
I kept my order on Ascendia. I figured that an extra month or so would mean ubports would be even more stable when the phone arrives and gets that first update. Less bugs for me to file! Big Grin
Quick update from the support:

My PBP order (which will be shipped via Fedex) will get delayed at least until early of July because Pine’s shipping staff cannot travel to the Hong Kong to dispatch the goods.

—-
This part is my speculation, I think it might be delayed even more if the China-Hong Kong border does not open.
Are all DHL shipments going out at once? Because i didn't receive any information on the shipping of my pinephone yet.
@Luke u forgot to to say something about asendia all other countries!
OP updated.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 88,301 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,642 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,161 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,691 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,186 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,806 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,800 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,003 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,641 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
  Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread Luke 122 145,666 01-28-2021, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Muad