Pinebook Pro & PinePhone shipping progress (2020)
(06-08-2020, 11:23 AM)Luke Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 11:07 AM)wils91 Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 09:53 AM)Luke Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 09:49 AM)ragreenburg Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 09:26 AM)Luke Wrote: I'm waiting on word from shipping, and on other pertinent information. We're working hard to give you not only estimates but also choices at this point. Hang tight.

Don't think that the inpatients is directed towards you or the Pinephone team because it's not. It's more directed towards Asendia and just not getting any information on shipping which we know isn't under your control.

Frankly speaking, its not completely their fault either. Their shipping chain depends on local courier and post services, and and borders are still closed in Europe as well as elsewhere. This probably makes is difficult and in some instances impossible for them to fulfill a shipment.

Regardless, I understand the frustration because, after all, they initially gave us the impression they'll most likely be able to make the shipment.

Just curious on how is the PBP being dispatched?
I see that people that ordered later than me gets notification people that ordered earlier than me also gets notification.. 

Is it by ANSI or ISO batch?
Is it by alphabetical country?
Is it by region?

Sorry for the trouble by I'm very very excited to get it and everyday when I refresh my email there isn't any mail from DHL Sad

Units are dispatched according to region. DHL have given the shipping team guidelines, which I have no insight into.
Thanks for the reply, saw the latest update on the QC.. Guess I have to wait patiently and really really hope that after this QC we will recieved the PBP in the best state.. Went thru the PBP forum.. Looks like very disastrous state for the first 2 batch.. Crossing my hand and hoping that the factory workers really put in the effort to produce something good..

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
Hello, i ordered my pinephone april 21st
How can i check to see if my pinephone was getting shipped dhl?
Order #131860 (PinePhone) from May 3, 2020, destination Bulgaria, EU. Is it worth upgrading to DHL?
Yeah, this is starting to turn into an unpleasant experience. But, gotta do what they gotta do. I appreciate the fact that they are taking the opportunity to make sure it will be top notch. To help alleviate my agitation,  I went and found a good deal on a new sling bag to compliment the PBP. Since it got delayed, yet again, I opted for the free shipping on the bag and both should be arriving around the same time. So, hey! Silver lining!  Smile

Mouteenoo Dark Grey Sling

PP people, there's a cool phone case on the strap to house your PP. Pretty nice.
Heart 
I just registered an account to say that you are doing a great job in general and with handling this delivery in particular, I hope that you'll resolve all the issues successfully! :)
I'm personally going to stick with Ascendia Pinephone shipment for a while and switch to DHL if it won't work out.
All the best!
Does FedEx depend on Asendia? Will i receive notification if my shipment option is FedEx?
@Luke
Is there any chance to see DHL shipping method for Russian buyers?
(06-08-2020, 06:05 PM)scott Wrote: Hi Everyone, following along excitedly but had a question. I did choose DHL Shipping on my initial Pinephone  order on April 12 (order #128921). I received my shipping notice on 6/5 from Pine Store with a DHL tracking number. As of tonight 6/8 DHL tracking still says Tracking information received. Shipment not yet picked up by DHL. Could you let us know if all of the DHL orders were picked up on 6/5 and there is something wrong, or does DHL still need to pick up batches of phones? Thanks for the opportunity to get this phone!

DHL operates in Hong-Kong under regulators limitations. So, they are able to process only limited number of parcels per day. And I guess sub-batches per region not going via Germany are queued to reach 100% capacity or something. Luck said processing will take at least one week for PP on DHL side. I wouldn't worry before end of this week.

BTW, for PBP there is no alternate shipment (imho). All of them go via DHL.
About FedEx: from previous experience Asendia hands parcel going to US to FedEx and they continue as Standard shipping or something with long sitting in different hubs (Queens, etc.)
Hi, I would like to check if anyone else with an earlier order number still not yet receive any notification? I'm from Singapore anyway.

Thanks

Order #126574 FedEx shipping.
OP Updated:

[edit 9 June] If you originally selected Asendia, it is now possible to change to DHL shipping. Once we get 1000 people to switch over from Asendia to DHL shipment will commence. I'll obviously update you on that in due time.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 88,324 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,728 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,166 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,693 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,190 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,883 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,851 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,005 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,672 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
  Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread Luke 122 145,706 01-28-2021, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Muad