Pinebook without stuck or dead pixel
Displays with defective pixels have been considered defective by users for years, whereas up to a certain number they are considered normal from the manufacturer's point of view. You write on your website:

Quote:Small numbers (1-3) of stuck or dead pixels are a characteristic of LCD screens. These are normal and should not be considered a defect.

That means it's a class II display (ISO 9241-307)

I understand that a guarantee for flawless displays increases the cost of the devices. Personally, I  find defective pixels extremely annoying and I'm certainly not alone. Is there a way to get a Pinebook with a guaranteed flawless display (class 0)? Gladly for an extra charge.
I don't suppose it's possible to source a screen separately and easily replace it?
Going off of what I've heard here and there, it sounds like defective pixels are fairly uncommon on the Pinebook Pro. Next to about nine or ten reports of perfect displays, I have heard only one report of a stuck pixel on someone's Pinebook Pro. As far as I know, the reminder on the order page about the possibility of bad pixels is mostly to try to prevent the possibility of a defective unit and an irascible user happening to find each other, and resulting in an ugly payment-dispute situation.

However, I still think that the message should be taken at face value: if a single bad pixel would seriously upset you, then the Pinebook Pro probably isn't a good fit for you. If you expect perfection, then it's going to disappoint you in more ways than just that, too. This is primarily an experiment in low-cost open-source hardware, so there's no shame in deciding not to be a test subject this time around if it doesn't sound like fun.
i can personally speak for 8 PBPs with no dead pixels. however, i find the 1-3 dead pixel "policy" quite reasonable.
(05-27-2020, 07:43 PM)xmixahlx Wrote: i can personally speak for 8 PBPs with no dead pixels. however, i find the 1-3 dead pixel "policy" quite reasonable.

This policy derives from Nintendo where some people upset on dead pixel issue on their switch. We need this policy in place so that there is no Paypal dispute when such case happens. Asking LCD vendor to delivery whole batch of bad pixel free LCD panel request carry very expensive costs about 3x price. This bad pixel policy practice also in place for PinePhone and until now no receive single complain on bad pixel.
I have a stuck pixel on my Pinebook Pro, but it's seriously tiny and barely noticeable (and I was aware of the policy and am fine with it).

It's stuck on white and most of the times it looks just like a speck of dust on the screen (of which I have many other Big Grin ).

Just for fun I'm trying to unstick it though, by running it through one of those videos that flash RGB stills at a fast framerate. So far no joy.
(06-01-2020, 02:00 AM)tiagoespinha Wrote: It's stuck on white and most of the times it looks just like a speck of dust on the screen (of which I have many other Big Grin ).

A tiny drop of black paint, and it really will look like a speck of dust, and won't be glaringly white! Tongue

Disclaimer: I've not tried this myself, so it could go horribly, horribly wrong. Only do this if you are an expert!  Cool

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dead Pinebook - fix it or spare parts? oloturia 2 2,205 03-19-2023, 03:38 PM
Last Post: oloturia
  Broken bottom case of PineBook 14 Mick 1 918 02-22-2023, 05:49 AM
Last Post: Mick
  Original 14" Pinebook an Orphan? vdicarlo 2 1,253 01-05-2023, 10:42 AM
Last Post: jezek
  Pinebook Users are a nobody leperotero 13 12,576 09-06-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: zapper
  Does anybody repair pinebook pro laptops for a fee? Tsvi Bar-David 0 956 09-05-2022, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Tsvi Bar-David
  Pinebook with a broken screen and 2 eMMC's for sale. UK ONLY. frank-zappa 0 1,595 03-08-2022, 10:14 AM
Last Post: frank-zappa
  Pinebook to Pinebook Pro-esque upgrade kit sebboh 5 7,494 08-18-2021, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Corkonian
  new pinebook help ron_burgundy 5 7,678 12-17-2020, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ron_burgundy
  Few questions about flashing to a MicroSD card on the Pinebook Pro SanjevR 6 9,602 12-07-2020, 04:02 PM
Last Post: SanjevR
  TOR Browser on the Pinebook Pro jay3gg 0 2,974 11-16-2020, 01:25 AM
Last Post: jay3gg