Manjaro ARM 20.04
Manjaro ARM 20.04 

Original Manjaro Forum Thread

Please do watch the updates section for regular updates and its discussions.
Manjaro ARM Stable Branch Updates
Manjaro ARM Testing Branch Updates

We have moved to dual partition for Pinebookpro since 20.04, we advice everyone having any older installation than 20.04 to reflash to 20.04

Thanks to @Strit for all his time & effort and @tsys for sharing the Mainline Kernel patches.

Please share your experience & feedback's. It really helps the developers

Thank You.
Manjaro ARM Team.
Manjaro ARM Team.
Devices: Pinebook Pro & PinePhone.
(05-21-2020, 04:55 PM)spikerguy Wrote: Manjaro ARM 20.04 

Original Manjaro Forum Thread

Please do watch the updates section for regular updates and its discussions.
Manjaro ARM Stable Branch Updates
Manjaro ARM Testing Branch Updates

We have moved to dual partition for Pinebookpro since 20.04, we advice everyone having any older installation than 20.04 to reflash to 20.04

Thanks to @Strit for all his time & effort and @tsys for sharing the Mainline Kernel patches.

Please share your experience & feedback's. It really helps the developers

Thank You.
Manjaro ARM Team.

The 20.04 experience is much improved over 20.03! Unfortunately, the new u-boot that ships with Manjaro seems to make it impossible to boot certain OSes from either SD or USB, namely the Chromium 79 build, as well as Q4OS and Armbian. Attempting to boot those OSes only resulted in a backlight black screen, whereas users who have a different OS installed on their EMMC seem to be able to boot these OSes just fine. I know my SD card is not the problem because I was able to boot both Fedora and PostmarketOS from it successfully with 20.04 on my EMMC. Other then that I have had zero problems with this Manjaro version.
https://github.com/mrfixit2001/updates_r.../uboot.img
Newbie: Issue with WiFi 802.11 AC + Bluetooth 5.0
Bluetooth works...
But no Wifi connectivity

/etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf is blank
inxi -Nnz returns:
Network: Message: No ARM data found for this feature.

Seems like the wifi hardware is unrecognized.
Next Steps?
(05-28-2020, 11:24 AM)mstrstvns Wrote: Newbie: Issue with WiFi 802.11 AC + Bluetooth 5.0
Bluetooth works...
But no Wifi connectivity

/etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf is blank
inxi -Nnz returns:
Network:      Message:      No ARM data found for this feature.

Seems like the wifi hardware is unrecognized.
Next Steps?

Hello dear, 

Sorry for the inconvenience looks like factory people have  kept the wifi off using privacy key.  Please press these 2 buttons and then restart it will work fine. 

Code:
Pine Key + F11

It was reported on the official twitter handle aswell on manjaro forum.
Pine64 Twitter account

Manjaro forum post

Hope this will help you.
Manjaro ARM Team.
Devices: Pinebook Pro & PinePhone.
I installed Manjaro xfce end of November 2019. I keep on upgrading without a fresh install.

When the screensaver xfce4-screensaver kicks in (either on its own timeout or, surprisingly through "xset dpms force off"), it blanks the screen. Upon a keyboard click, the desktop does not completely come back:
  • I see the desktop with all its windows. Windows also show updates (e.g. top in a terminal)
  • I can move the mouse.
  • I can not click on anything.
  • I can not type anything.
I need to kill xfce4-screensaver to click and type, again. It looks like the screensaver is not undoing all its tasks. It only disabled its own window so that the deskop becomes visible, again.

xfce4-screensaver would probably call that "Request unlock but we don't have any windows!":

Code:
[gs_debug_init] gs-debug.c:115 (22:42:17.334):     Debugging enabled
[main] xfce4-screensaver.c:97 (22:42:17.335):     Initializing xfce4-screensaver 0.1.10
[init_session_id] gs-listener-dbus.c:2186 (22:42:17.392):     Got session-id: /org/freedesktop/login1/session/_310
[gs_listener_init] gs-listener-dbus.c:2212 (22:42:17.392):     Acquiring logind sleep inhibitor lock
[gs_listener_x11_set_timeouts] gs-listener-x11.c:312 (22:42:17.421):     Saver timeout updated to 300 seconds
[gs_listener_x11_acquire] gs-listener-x11.c:288 (22:42:17.581):     ScreenSaver Registered
[gs_manager_request_unlock] gs-manager.c:1325 (22:42:18.427):     Request unlock but manager is not active
[xroot_filter] gs-listener-x11.c:251 (22:42:18.977):     ScreenSaver timer reset
[xroot_filter] gs-listener-x11.c:256 (22:42:21.176):     Activating screensaver on ScreenSaverOn
[gs_grab_grab_root] gs-grab-x11.c:347 (22:42:21.177):     Grabbing the root window
[gs_grab_get] gs-grab-x11.c:104 (22:42:21.367):     Grabbing devices for window=389
[gs_manager_create_windows_for_display] gs-manager.c:1178 (22:42:21.369):     Creating 1 windows for display :0
[add_overlays] gs-manager.c:1016 (22:42:21.370):     Reconfiguring monitors, adding overlays
[gs_listener_send_signal_active_changed] gs-listener-dbus.c:224 (22:42:21.370):     Sending the ActiveChanged(TRUE) signal on the session bus
[xroot_filter] gs-listener-x11.c:251 (22:42:22.072):     ScreenSaver timer reset
[remove_overlays] gs-manager.c:1045 (22:42:23.372):     Done reconfiguring monitors, removing overlays
[gs_manager_request_unlock] gs-manager.c:1335 (22:42:26.470):     Request unlock but we don't have any windows!

I temporarily removed the ~/.config/ directory for a fresh configuration of xfce4. No change. Google is not helpful.

Update 1: further logs

Before screensaver kicks in

Code:
manjaro:~$ xfce4-screensaver-command -q
The screensaver is inactive
The screensaver is not inhibited

When screensaver kicks in

Code:
The screensaver is active

When I press a key, the desktop comes back (but I can neither click or type)

Code:
The screensaver is active

Instead of killing xfce4-screensaver, I can also ask the screensaver to deactivate itself

Code:
manjaro:~$ xfce4-screensaver-command -d

Code:
The screensaver is inactive

Somehow, nobody is asking to deactivate the screensaver. I don't want to do that manually all the time from the console.

Update 2: I noticed that I have the screensaver problem with fb-turbo, but no with panfrost. So, how can the screensaver get deactivated with fb-turbo? The more interesting questions are why and how does fb-turbo interfere with the screensaver in the first place?
@spikerguy Quick question (yes, I know)... Is it just me, or does

Code:
sudo tee /sys/bus/platform/drivers/dwmmc_rockchip/{un,}bind <<< 'fe310000.dwmmc'

not (or no longer) work on the PBP to drop / reconnect the WiFi card, thus saving the need to reboot? It was apparently working Jan/Feb judging from other forum posts, but doesn't seem to give any joy on Manjaro ARM. The unending spew of error messages in dmseg continues regardless. Big Grin Big Grin
I am currently running 20.06 on my PBP and I managed to mess up locales entirely. After many hours of searching I found one post in the Manjaro forums and it helped a great deal, now I have my locales properly generated, while I have a Hungarian keymapping:
https://forum.manjaro.org/t/kde-locales-...p/81204/17

Just wanted to share here, in case other noobs like me will have the same issue. Big Grin

EDIT:
Of course default folders need to be generated again to have them in the desired language. I followed this post: https://forum.manjaro.org/t/locale-issue/53757/17
@spikerguy apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, but I've just had to reflash my PBP and went with the latest 20.04 - however I feel like the experience is slightly sluggish compared to the original image that came flashed out of the box (I didn't check what it was but I imagine it was 19.xx).

Do you have any clues as to why that may be? It's probably some config or missing piece of software, but I can't for the life of me figure out what that is.

I did notice other differences of 20.04 vs whatever was out of the box. For example with 20.04 we seem to default to libinput as the touchpad driver, where I'm sure out of the box the synaptics driver was installed.

On a more random and bizarre note... right after flashing I was able to connect to my 5Ghz network, but after installing all the updates I'm not able to connect to that network ever again. I can connect to the 2.4Ghz, but never again to 5Ghz. I even tried deleting the NetworkManager profile and configure it again but no luck. Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance! Thanks for all the great work and effort in general too Smile much appreciated!

Edit: I should mention the slugginess seems to be GPU-related. With 20.04 I can't watch videos on 1080p on Youtube where I was able to out of the box. Right now it just stutters along.
(06-06-2020, 11:06 AM)tiagoespinha Wrote: @spikerguy apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, but I've just had to reflash my PBP and went with the latest 20.04 - however I feel like the experience is slightly sluggish compared to the original image that came flashed out of the box (I didn't check what it was but I imagine it was 19.xx).

Do you have any clues as to why that may be? It's probably some config or missing piece of software, but I can't for the life of me figure out what that is.

I did notice other differences of 20.04 vs whatever was out of the box. For example with 20.04 we seem to default to libinput as the touchpad driver, where I'm sure out of the box the synaptics driver was installed.

On a more random and bizarre note... right after flashing I was able to connect to my 5Ghz network, but after installing all the updates I'm not able to connect to that network ever again. I can connect to the 2.4Ghz, but never again to 5Ghz. I even tried deleting the NetworkManager profile and configure it again but no luck. Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance! Thanks for all the great work and effort in general too Smile much appreciated!

Edit: I should mention the slugginess seems to be GPU-related. With 20.04 I can't watch videos on 1080p on Youtube where I was able to out of the box. Right now it just stutters along.

Anyone who's reading this in the future... for the love of God, change your compositor in KDE to OpenGL Big Grin  it was defaulting to XRender which made my Firefox slow like molasses. Much better now!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 166 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,605 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 213 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 1,912 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 1,979 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Manjaro 20.04 not loading from SD (with Manjaro on eMMC) zaius 1 291 12-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Manjaro ARM: enabling external monitors & fixing Broadcom WiFi after updating trifleneurotic 2 746 11-14-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: trifleneurotic
  Manjaro [ARM Stable Update] 2021-07-23 issues Bocanila 1 1,913 08-21-2023, 09:10 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  [Manjaro] u-boot won't boot from eMMC with (unbootable) SD card present zackw 1 1,853 08-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  Manjaro - HIbernate - brcmfmac clk issue pompeyPinePro 1 709 08-18-2023, 02:06 AM
Last Post: juliamenendez