Booting
I never resinsert the SD after rebooting. I've also tried just resetting the computer after the FDE password prompt shows up, that does not help, nor does it help without first logging in to my account on the eMMC for debian, without selecting 'reboot' while shutting down.

I've now tried downloading Manjaro XFCE, wrote the image to a USB stick (don't have any other SD cards) and it did not boot, nor did it boot when I selected to reboot from debian. To ensure there were not any issues with the USB, I got my USB which normally contains my Linux Mint installer and wrote the Manjaro iso to it but it unfortunately gives the same result. Seems I can not boot from it. No clue what to do.
Which USB port did you use? From what I remember mainline u-boot only boots USB from the USB2 port.
Ah, I did not know that.

I've now tried the other USB port (left) with both USBs I flashed with Manjaro. Both of them stops the eMMC from booting, but nothing happens. Power LED indicates green, screen is black and the USB is not reading (no flashing from the USB LED).
(05-21-2020, 11:29 AM)GloriousCoffee Wrote: Ah, I did not know that.

I've now tried the other USB port (left) with both USBs I flashed with Manjaro. Both of them stops the eMMC from booting, but nothing happens. Power LED indicates green, screen is black and the USB is not reading (no flashing from the USB LED).

How long did you wait before calling it quits at the black screen booting Manjaro? I haven't booted it from USB yet, but I know I've had some SD installs that can take what feels like 5 minutes to boot from first install. (I'm sure it isn't, and I don't care to pull out a stopwatch.)
Tried again, waited almost 10 minutes but no change.
Also tried "esc", several times, if I recall correctly, had to press esc before when I was trying our Manjaro when first getting the PBP for the installer to start. Ie, screen was black after loading, it stopped and then esc although now it doesn't even start reading from the USB (still no flashing on the USB LED after almost 10m).
Try jumping into the chat, maybe? Someone in there, more knowledgeable than I, may know what's going on.
Okay, IRC?

Thank you for trying!
(05-21-2020, 01:53 PM)GloriousCoffee Wrote: Okay,  IRC?

Thank you for trying!

Yes, unless you want to use Discord, Telegram, or Matrix. They're all bridged.

No problem!
Boot order of the device hardware is eMMC, SD, USB.
In (eMMC installed) Uboot you can change this (as done in the PBP specific images, not mainline), but maybe the FDE prevents even the eMMC uboot?

Do you need to give PW first, uboot later?

Also   Wink : if you have the eMMC removed, will it boot on SD directly?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Followed the blog post to install Fedora: PBP not booting anymore koenigs 6 1,736 06-01-2023, 10:58 AM
Last Post: wdt
  I'm booting from NVME but I want to switch back to eMMC acruhl 4 1,384 04-23-2023, 06:58 AM
Last Post: acruhl
Exclamation PineBook Pro shuts down immediately after booting zogkarndon 5 1,837 01-10-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Perl6_user
  Total Noob. Need help booting from SD Mattchublean 18 12,924 07-23-2022, 11:54 PM
Last Post: LivingLinux
Wink Booting Windows on bare-metal rk3399 SBC (no linux involved) strongtz 9 10,264 05-26-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: strongtz
  PInebook not booting with eMMC enabled aragaer 4 4,099 10-25-2021, 09:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Manjaro i3 Edition not booting mtndew 0 1,539 08-23-2021, 06:21 PM
Last Post: mtndew
Video Problem Booting from SD card ezryder324r 0 1,428 05-19-2021, 02:42 PM
Last Post: ezryder324r
  Forgot my Pinebook password. Booting from MIcroSD doesn't work. ksfoodforest 0 1,711 01-30-2021, 11:08 AM
Last Post: ksfoodforest
  Booting to sdcard stopped working after emmc flash techiedog 3 3,836 12-31-2020, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Anarethos