Announcing the Mobian project
Ladies and Gents,

Just received my Pine Phone 64. It is the community mobian edition. When I start the phone up it goes through a series of prompts to enter a pin, encrypt the phone, etc. It then goes to install the package. I then get an error message "INSTALLATION FAILED" Configuration Error. No partitions are defined for mount to use" I then can only click the close button and it goes to a black prompt screen. I've gone to wiki page for help. It shows how to download an imhg file to a micro sd which I did, but the phone is not recognizing it is installed in the phone. Someone I watched on the interwebs said the phone would go to SD card first and then the phone's internal storage. Doesnt seem to be happening. Any help will be appreciated.
(03-03-2021, 12:11 AM)AGGMINING Wrote: Ladies and Gents,

Just received my Pine Phone 64.  It is the community mobian edition.  When I start the phone up it goes through a series of prompts to enter a pin, encrypt the phone, etc.  It then goes to install the package.  I then get an error message "INSTALLATION FAILED"  Configuration Error.  No partitions are defined for mount to use"  I then can only click the close button and it goes to a black prompt screen.  I've gone to wiki page for help.  It shows how to download an imhg file to a micro sd which I did, but the phone is not recognizing it is installed in the phone.  Someone I watched on the interwebs said the phone would go to SD card first and then the phone's internal storage.  Doesnt seem to be happening.  Any help will be appreciated.

If you have an sd card in, the phone will boot from sd. It won't "then" go to the phone's emmc. It's one or the other, where it takes the sd card as 1st in it's boot priority if you have an sd card installed

In terms of fixing your install, since you haven't been able to configure it the first time your best bet is to just re-flash a new mobian install onto your phone. The mobian wiki, pinephone wiki, all have the directions to install to emmc using jumpdrive. You can just go to the mobian wiki under installation and go to "Installation to emmc using jumpdrive". Since you mentioned you were trying to set up full disk encryption, make sure you use the link in the last sentence of the first paragraph under "Obtain the image" to get the correct image.

EDIT: and once you do load a fresh install of mobian. You'll need to do a large upgrade. BUT FIRST, make sure you go into your settings and turn off automatic power suspend, and turn off auto screen lock (first setting is in power, second one is in privacy) and keep your phone plugged in. Then use terminal "sudo apt update -y" then "sudo apt dist-upgrade -y" , and patiently wait for awhile until it is done. Then reboot, and clean up with "sudo apt autoremove" to remove unncessary packages
(03-03-2021, 12:11 AM)AGGMINING Wrote: Ladies and Gents,

Just received my Pine Phone 64.  It is the community mobian edition.  When I start the phone up it goes through a series of prompts to enter a pin, encrypt the phone, etc.  It then goes to install the package.  I then get an error message "INSTALLATION FAILED"  Configuration Error.  No partitions are defined for mount to use"  I then can only click the close button and it goes to a black prompt screen.  I've gone to wiki page for help.  It shows how to download an imhg file to a micro sd which I did, but the phone is not recognizing it is installed in the phone.  Someone I watched on the interwebs said the phone would go to SD card first and then the phone's internal storage.  Doesnt seem to be happening.  Any help will be appreciated.
Hello. I have been helping people for two days now with this problem. Don't worry your phone will be OK. Read through this thread. Read the blog and watch the video on how to re flash your phone if you corrupted the instillation. Links for the files you need are all in the thread except for jump drive but there is a link in the video description. Link to thread: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=13275

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,515 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  cant verify mobian image at website gnugpg penguins_rule 0 70 03-18-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  mobian installed to eMMC - how to install tow-boot grump_fiddle_reinstall 6 1,715 11-22-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: aLoop100o
  What actions needed to keep on mobian testing user641 3 1,688 09-05-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Mobian boot failed with zstd message after upgrade. Mahgue 0 581 09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mahgue
  how to update mobian over tor vusra 13 6,540 07-09-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vusra
  opensnitch outbound firewall now works on mobian vusra 2 1,799 07-09-2023, 01:37 AM
  Using Nativefier on PP64 with Mobian paulcarton 0 577 07-05-2023, 03:57 AM
Last Post: paulcarton
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,863 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 160,392 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy