Announcing the Mobian project
(05-26-2020, 12:30 PM)murak Wrote: Mobian is running on my emmc as of today and works great!

My google-fu apparently isn't up to snuff. Is it as simple as dd'ing to the emmc to get it running internally or is there a HOW-TO or something? Thanks.
(05-26-2020, 02:57 PM)parkerwb Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 12:30 PM)murak Wrote: Mobian is running on my emmc as of today and works great!

My google-fu apparently isn't up to snuff. Is it as simple as dd'ing to the emmc to get it running internally or is there a HOW-TO or something? Thanks.

Have a look here :)
(05-26-2020, 03:07 PM)devrtz Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 02:57 PM)parkerwb Wrote:

Have a look here Smile

Yes, I used jumpdrive, but I think I read that you can dd as well while booting from SD card. Should be in the wiki. GL!
"- is there already a tool for overclocking it desperately?" 
Well in principle you can flash it onto the SD card, boot from that and dd the running SD card to the eMMC.

While that works, I don't think this is a great idea.
Maybe you meant something like an installer image (something like the manjaro images for the pinebook), but we don't have anything like that.

Apart from that, the installation procedure is in the project wiki and also in the pine wiki Wink
linux kernel 5.7 is out! does it have improvements for the pinephone?
(06-01-2020, 08:16 AM)paju1986 Wrote: linux kernel 5.7 is out! does it have improvements for the pinephone?

Yes - should get the thermal devices into the device tree properly.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
Awesome distro, my go to for my pinephone Smile !

Do you think full disk encryption (like on postmarketos) would be feasible in the future or does it require too much work?
Would you need an install script in order to enable it since the images we are flashing are prebuilt?
(05-14-2020, 09:46 AM)a-wai Wrote: Dear all,

It's been a little more than 3 months since I started hacking a Debian image for the PinePhone, by (manually) adding new software and fixing bugs step by step. Others have joined me in this effort, and a small team has gathered and did a great job at allowing the PinePhone to be used as a daily driver, at least as long as you don't have extravagant expectations such as "decent battery life" or "working camera" Wink

We keep moving on as we're announcing the Mobian project, aimed at bringing Debian to mobile devices with as much upstream components as possible. We're focusing first on the PinePhone of course, but we plan to extend support to other devices, the next ones on the list being
Thank you so much for your work! Off to go reflash with the new image now, and make a donation.
-john
I am running the June 07 nightly build from SD card,  AND   I have done one update.

Most everything I have tried is working pretty well at this point,  

after the 'update'  
    I am getting a double of all 'incoming texts'

NOT a complaint,  just thought I would mention that.

It was not doing that before the June 08 update ?

GOOD NUF  for my daily use 

Thank You  !
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Thumbs Up 
After updates on 10 June I thought I would give Suspend mode another go. So far I have had no problems and it seems to be working - today I got about 6 hours on somewhere over 50% of battery life with phone predominantly idle.

Not sure if it helps but I am trying to be diligent when waking the phone - about 1 second push on power button (i.e. a decent push and hold, not just a flick!) and then wait 10 seconds or so until the clock is updated and the GSM icon is re-enabled. (I think some of my previous hangs were possibly due to over-zealous stabs at the buttons and screen at the wrong time!)

Have yet to receive an incoming call or SMS to see if that wakes the phone.

Thank you all devs.

And also in linux 5.7 is more hw video acceleration apparently.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,512 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  cant verify mobian image at website gnugpg penguins_rule 0 70 03-18-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  mobian installed to eMMC - how to install tow-boot grump_fiddle_reinstall 6 1,710 11-22-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: aLoop100o
  What actions needed to keep on mobian testing user641 3 1,686 09-05-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Mobian boot failed with zstd message after upgrade. Mahgue 0 580 09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mahgue
  how to update mobian over tor vusra 13 6,539 07-09-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vusra
  opensnitch outbound firewall now works on mobian vusra 2 1,798 07-09-2023, 01:37 AM
  Using Nativefier on PP64 with Mobian paulcarton 0 577 07-05-2023, 03:57 AM
Last Post: paulcarton
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,861 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 160,108 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy