New IRC server
Hey guys,

IRC has been moved to our cluster and linked to other chat protocols. If you're using a dedicated IRC client then connect to
Quote:irc.pine64.org/6667
SSL port:
Quote:irc.pine64.org/6697
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

I am still getting a TLS errors when I try to connect to #pinebook
Same here, HexChat says:
Code:
* * Certification info:
*   Subject:
*     C=US
*     ST=California
*     L=Fremont
*     O=PINE64
*     OU=IRC Network
*     CN=irc.pine64.org
*   Issuer:
*     C=US
*     ST=California
*     L=Fremont
*     O=PINE64
*     OU=IRC Network
*     CN=irc.pine64.org
*   Public key algorithm: id-ecPublicKey (384 bits)
*   Sign algorithm ecdsa-with-SHA256
*   Valid since Apr 24 18:04:04 2020 GM to Apr 22 18:04:04 2030 GM
* * Cipher info:
*   Version: TLSv1.2, cipher ECDHE-ECDSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305 (256 bits)
* Connection failed (self signed certificate.? (18))
I was also notified by my client that the certificate is self signed. I was able to tell my client to accept the certificate anyway, thereby successfully establishing a connection. Luke, have you considered using Let's Encrypt as the certificate authority for irc.pine64.org?
It is supposed to be using Let's Encrypt certs already... will investigate.
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

It is now properly using Let's Encrypt certs... the setup was incomplete, oops.
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

The new IRC server is also not irc cloud friendly.

I don't want to have to install a separate irc client just for these couple of irc channels, I guess its affecting a lot of people.

I keep getting dumped from the server with the following.

Closing Link: DigiDaz[ealing.irccloud.com] (Too many connections from your IP)
(05-06-2020, 04:23 PM)digitaldaz Wrote: The new IRC server is also not irc cloud friendly.

I don't want to have to install a separate irc client just for these couple of irc channels, I guess its affecting a lot of people.

I'd argue that it's not that common of a problem as this is the first time I've heard from anyone about it.

Regardless, I have significantly increased the connections per IP limit, and you should be able to connect via irccloud now.

(05-06-2020, 04:39 PM)fire219 Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 04:23 PM)digitaldaz Wrote: The new IRC server is also not irc cloud friendly.

I'd argue that it's not that common of a problem as this is the first time I've heard from anyone about it.

Regardless, I have significantly increased the connections per IP limit, and you should be able to connect via irccloud now.

Thanks but still no go for me:
<OperServThe session limit for your IP 192.184.9.110 has been exceeded.

2:10 AM Closing Link: DigiDaz[ealing.irccloud.com] (OperServ (Session limit exceeded))
Hexchat is preinstalled on the PBP, widely available in various distros, and the debian version is like 627 kB + 4256 kB disk space for hexchat + hexchat common, two packages & one apt-get command. Not exactly dependency hell & and it's not complicated to configure.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Instructions to join IRC server: pine64.xyz Luke 12 26,455 05-23-2018, 09:57 PM
Last Post: pfeerick