Some expectations
Hi @Luke and Pine64ers,

Please let me share with you my expectations and then please allow me raise some more questions.

"RK3399 OG Pinebook upgrade kit testing and challenges; we’ll likely use graphene for cooling.". 

My expectation on this is that there will be a 11" RK3399-based Pinebook in the pipeline. The size is about the 11" MacBook Air late 2010 model. Is that possible to make it a combination of something like pi-top+pi? That is to say, when combined it is very decent laptop for everyday use. 

When detached, the naked SBC are versatile and flexible enough to let me attach various peripherals to it and serve as a core components of my other projects?

Now for some questions. 

Rockchip has just announced RK3588. Are there any new products and/or upgrade kits under development? What is the time line?

Will there be any accessories such as stack case

thanks community.
(04-17-2020, 05:30 AM)the_hiacer Wrote: "RK3399 OG Pinebook upgrade kit testing and challenges; we’ll likely use graphene for cooling.". 

My expectation on this is that there will be a 11" RK3399-based Pinebook in the pipeline. The size is about the 11" MacBook Air late 2010 model. Is that possible to make it a combination of something like pi-top+pi? That is to say, when combined it is very decent laptop for everyday use.

The upgrade kit, will be that: an upgrade of the internals for the  existing Pinebook 11". Having had one, I don't think this case could be made to be like the PiTop without heavy modification. The upgrade kit will just replace the A64 internals with the RK3399 internals from the PBP.

You could likely still remove the mainboard and use it how you described, but the existing 11" plastic case will not be able to just drop in a Rock64Pro or Hard Rock64 and go. A new version of the 11" Pinebook would have to be designed/produced.
(04-17-2020, 05:59 AM)tophneal Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 05:30 AM)the_hiacer Wrote: "RK3399 OG Pinebook upgrade kit testing and challenges; we’ll likely use graphene for cooling.". 

The upgrade kit, will be that: an upgrade of the internals for the  existing Pinebook 11". Having had one, I don't think this case could be made to be like the PiTop without heavy modification. The upgrade kit will just replace the A64 internals with the RK3399 internals from the PBP.

You could likely still remove the mainboard and use it how you described, but the existing 11" plastic case will not be able to just drop in a Rock64Pro or Hard Rock64 and go. A new version of the 11" Pinebook would have to be designed/produced.

Thanks for the clarification. 

Do I have to buy a legit Pinebook 11 beforehand? Or can I just buy a Pinebook 11 case and the upgrade kit? After watching this video

I am drooling over it. When will the Pinebook 11 and the upgrade kit be available?

thanks
(04-17-2020, 06:33 AM)the_hiacer Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 05:59 AM)tophneal Wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. 

Do I have to buy a legit Pinebook 11 beforehand? Or can I just buy a Pinebook 11 case and the upgrade kit? After watching this video

I am drooling over it. When will the Pinebook 11 and the upgrade kit be available?

thanks

No problem! I wish I could tell you, but I don't know. Likely, you could purchase the case+screen and the upgrade kit.

Unfortunately, there's still no hard date on the release of the upgrade, as per the April update post, Pine still has to figure out cooling for the board. Sounds like it's not far off, though.