Got a dead main board?
Anybody have a dead main board? I'm planning on swapping out the EG25 modem chip for an EC25-AF modem chip I have and need a board to practice with.
Great idea, rocket2nfinity! I'll be looking forward to updates. I don't have access to the excellent tools in the Intel Corporate labs like I did during the 2+ decades that I worked there but I recently got a cheap handheld reflow "hair dryer".  I'll have to go review your EC25 posts here again.
(12-07-2020, 09:52 PM)calinb Wrote: Great idea, rocket2nfinity! I'll be looking forward to updates. I don't have access to the excellent tools in the Intel Corporate labs like I did during the 2+ decades that I worked there but I recently got a cheap handheld reflow "hair dryer".  I'll have to go review your EC25 posts here again.
Same here - home reflow tool, essentially a mini hair dryer. I swapped out my ubports CE board, so I now have a board to play with. I've got other things to do first, but I'm hoping to get to this somewhere around the new year. 

If you've got one, the EC25-AF is drop in compatible according to Quectel, just with better N. American bands including T-mobile band 71.

I'd still like to practice on a dead board first if someone has one.
If you're interested in it, then I'm willing to send you my UBPorts CE Board (with the USB-C bug) to serve as practice for your experiment. I recently bought the replacement board as well and just now confirmed that it works when connected to a monitor. PM me the details and you can have it with no strings attached, since I don't intend to use it as a spare anyway (got a spare phone, lol). The board should be okay too, besides the known issues
(12-11-2020, 02:45 PM)MrBurger Wrote: If you're interested in it, then I'm willing to send you my UBPorts CE Board (with the USB-C bug) to serve as practice for your experiment. I recently bought the replacement board as well and just now confirmed that it works when connected to a monitor. PM me the details and you can have it with no strings attached, since I don't intend to use it as a spare anyway (got a spare phone, lol). The board should be okay too, besides the known issues
Tried to PM you, but it says you have private messaging turned off.

And Thanks!
I believe that my account does not yet have permission to use PMs (Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation), since it was created just prior to the post above. There's nothing in my profile/account options on PMs too, as far as I know. Will send you a PM once I'm allowed to

By the way: Its a bit weird to ask for personal information on my first forum post, but my intention is simple: to get rid of this board without dumping it

[Image: 98elRA4.jpg]
(12-12-2020, 07:18 AM)MrBurger Wrote: I believe that my account does not yet have permission to use PMs (Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation), since it was created just prior to the post above. There's nothing in my profile/account options on PMs too, as far as I know. Will send you a PM once I'm allowed to

By the way: Its a bit weird to ask for personal information on my first forum post, but my intention is simple: to get rid of this board without dumping it

[Image: 98elRA4.jpg]
Got your PM, but it still says you have PM disabled when I try to reply. You can also PM me on the UbPorts forum https://forums.ubports.com/ same screen name if you can't figure out what's going on with PM because I have no idea why I can receive your PM but not reply to it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  digitizer dead Uturn 1 1,301 08-24-2023, 08:14 PM
Last Post: nroth
  Pine phone main board part Generaltuxenburg 1 915 07-31-2023, 07:50 PM
Last Post: tllim
  PinePhone Beta dead - no boot-related output on serial interface horalocal 1 1,256 02-15-2023, 11:21 AM
Last Post: fxc
  USB C side board out of stock gab 3 1,746 12-29-2022, 11:42 AM
Last Post: fxc
  What Adhesive to buy for daughter board? LogosCoder 1 952 11-28-2022, 05:07 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Phone Dead Already? MarsColonist 4 2,545 08-11-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: auanta
  Modem Dead? grimlok 5 3,312 03-12-2022, 04:38 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Dead Microphone? Pulsar 4 3,638 02-16-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: mysociallife
  pinephone circuit board design, conductive parts zetabeta 1 1,770 08-12-2021, 05:28 AM
Last Post: wibble
  new PinePhone... dead pixel? ~Daniel~ 5 4,679 07-04-2021, 09:01 AM
Last Post: kqlnut