Manjaro Mouse
I have an original (2019) PBP, and I saw great trackkpad functionality after updating the hardware back on Debian.  Ever since installing Manjaro, the trackpad has just had a mind of its own.  The problem persists when using a USB mouse.  Any idea what might be the problem?  The firmware should stay updated even after reflashing the OS, no?
(04-05-2020, 08:52 AM)cmelcher Wrote: I have an original (2019) PBP, and I saw great trackkpad functionality after updating the hardware back on Debian.  Ever since installing Manjaro, the trackpad has just had a mind of its own.  The problem persists when using a USB mouse.  Any idea what might be the problem?  The firmware should stay updated even after reflashing the OS, no?
[quote pid='63615' dateline='1586098364']
The firmware should stay configured,  but the software controlling the touchpad and mouse is different on various distributions and desktops.  Have you configured the touchpad and mouse after installing Manjaro?    If you search for "touchpad" in applications,  you should be directed to the proper programs (on the kde  desktop it is in systems settings touchpad).  

If you are using your own x-configuration files, or the synaptic driver,  you might want to just go back to the standard Manjaro installation, to make sure you are not getting conflicts.    Also, there has been a recent further mod for the touchpad firmware--

see here https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...2#pid63262.   I found it helpful...

[/quote]
(04-05-2020, 01:15 PM)belfastraven Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 08:52 AM)cmelcher Wrote: I have an original (2019) PBP, and I saw great trackkpad functionality after updating the hardware back on Debian.  Ever since installing Manjaro, the trackpad has just had a mind of its own.  The problem persists when using a USB mouse.  Any idea what might be the problem?  The firmware should stay updated even after reflashing the OS, no?
The firmware should stay configured,  but the software controlling the touchpad and mouse is different on various distributions and desktops.  Have you configured the touchpad and mouse after installing Manjaro?    If you search for "touchpad" in applications,  you should be directed to the proper programs (on the kde  desktop it is in systems settings touchpad).  

If you are using your own x-configuration files, or the synaptic driver,  you might want to just go back to the standard Manjaro installation, to make sure you are not getting conflicts.    Also, there has been a recent further mod for the touchpad firmware--

see here https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...2#pid63262.   I found it helpful...

[/quote]
I saw that, but it requires apt-get (Debian).  Does it also work on Manjaro?  I'm totally new to Manjaro.
(04-05-2020, 01:23 PM)cmelcher Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 01:15 PM)belfastraven Wrote:

I saw that, but it requires apt-get (Debian).  Does it also work on Manjaro?  I'm totally new to Manjaro.
[/quote]

I know that I initially did steps 1 and 2 from an earlier Manjaro but had to do a bit of fiddling to get things to work.  For step 3, however,  if that is all you need to do,  you should be able to use pacman instead of apt-get,  and I believe the package names are the same.  You can search for the packages from the gui package manager if the names are not the same.   I'm sure you can get help in the Manjaro arm forum, too, if you need it.   I am new to Manjaro, too.
So I just reinstalled Debian.  The mouse works perfectly on Debian.  No problems at all.  It's terrible on Manjaro.  

I've played with all the settings and the mouse just never behaves well on Manjaro - even after changing the trackpad size and installing firmware.  

Any thoughts why it works on Debian but not Manjaro?  It's a shame because Manjaro otherwise works better honestly.
I've further narrowed it down. It's likely something in KDE plasma because it doesn't do it in XFCE on Manjaro.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro versions bad and good gilwood 0 188 02-12-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: gilwood
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,998 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  PBP won't boot after trying to reinstall Manjaro ARM soupgirl 3 562 12-13-2023, 08:17 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Games compilation howto on the Pinebook-pro (Manjaro Linux and Debian native) astr0baby 201 314,501 05-12-2023, 06:09 AM
Last Post: korreckj328
  Manjaro Plasma blinking cursor jcun4128 4 1,368 05-08-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: korreckj328
  PBP blank screen after updating Manjaro Franko 6 1,872 04-01-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: hacknix
  Manjaro - which libdrm? hacknix 0 529 04-01-2023, 03:21 AM
Last Post: hacknix
  Partial boot after installing Manjaro on emmc regivanx 11 2,961 02-06-2023, 09:11 AM
  Manjaro pinebookpro images with kernel 5.7.19 rfm83 11 4,517 01-22-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: rfm83
  No boot after Manjaro flash PBcurry 14 5,149 10-03-2022, 08:33 PM