COVID-19 help: Donating masks to you local community on your behalf
Star 
Hello everyone,

Long story short, one of the factories producing PINE64 gear is now manufacturing surgical masks. We secured a large quantity of these masks and wish to donate them (a carton of 1000) on your behalf to institutions / organizations in your local community. We'll ship the masks using DHL so it reaches the designated recipient quickly.

Lastly,  I know people will want to donate money to us as a 'thank you', but we'll rather have you donate the sum you had in mind to your local food bank, Red Cross, etc.,

About the masks
These are simple surgical masks without a filter. Without going into a detailed discussion, as that is beyond the scope of this post,  there is strong indication that such  masks are still very effective at preventing droplets containing the virus from entering human airways. More importantly, these masks are also capable of containing droplets with the virus from being dispersed by people who are already infected.  

So, who can I donate masks to?
Here are 6 ideas from the top of my head, I'm sure you can think of something more case-specific:
1) Charities that distribute food to people in quarantine / self-isolation
2) Mental heath workers (usually with health services of a charity) operating in your area  
3) Elderly peoples institutions 
4) Schools, nurseries, childminders, etc., working with key-workers children during the pandemic
5) Homeless (and other) shelters
6) Local councils or volunteer organizations tasked with checking in on vulnerable people in your community

Quick note: your local medical services have filtered masks (in stock or on order) for medical professionals exposed to infected patients, and in all likelihood couldn't make use of surgical masks due to regulatory standards.

Eligibility

1) Forums and chat moderators
2) Partner-project developers
3) Community developers (anyone who contributed code to a PINE64 device)
4) Developers from key projects to PINE64 community (e.g. SUNXI, Lima, Panfrost, etc.,)
6) Others at my discretion

I know an organization/ institution in need of masks, how do I get in touch?
Email me directly (l.erecinski@pine64.org) with the heading "Masks for [institution/organization]". In your email please provide the name of the institution or organization along with the complete and full address line, as well as  your name as you wish it to appear on donation. Also, do indicate in your email to me if you've spoken to people at the organization / institution about receiving the masks -- it may be wise to ask the organization first.

Limitations
We'll ship the masks worldwide (mostly EU and US given current situation) until they run out at which point I'll update or remove this post. There may be some instances where, due to quarantine and closed boarders, we'll be unable to ship the masks.

[Image: SQ79AjJ.png]
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Sent off first list of requests to shipping just a minute ago. There are at least 4 requests that I was unable to fulfill because of missing information in the email.

To make my task of comprising the requests into lists, please format the email as such:

Quote:Your name and surname + project affiliation.
Institution / organization you are requesting the masks for + a line explaining what the organization is (if not self-evident).

Shipping address (including country!)

(03-31-2020, 05:25 AM)Vic Desai - ViaNova ViaNova Gives - We are collecting masks and other safety material for all service and support medical industry workers. Specifically, pharmacist, pharmacy assistants, eye drs, support staff, grocery workers, hotel workers. Shipping Address: 602 Spears Ave, Chattanooga, TN 37405. Luke Wrote: Sent off first list of requests to shipping just a minute ago. There are at least 4 requests that I was unable to fulfill because of missing information in the email.

To make my task of comprising the requests into lists, please format the email as such:

Quote:Your name and surname + project affiliation.
Institution / organization you are requesting the masks for + a line explaining what the organization is (if not self-evident).

Shipping address (including country!)
Hey everyone, I keep on receiving emails such as the following: 

Quote:Hi,

Send masks to [address]
Thank you!

[name]

Please, do read my OP and follow up post for how to apply. I will disregard all incomplete emails from this point on - I don't have the time to chase up all queries with further details.
Thanks.

Sir,
In the USA, there is a group that helps support all of the first responders that are called or deployed to any given event or disaster.  That group is called 'Community Emergency Response Team' or more commonly as CERT.  The group that I belong to, Parker County, Texas, within the past two weeks has asked the group members that are able to sew to make similar masks for the first responders and for hospital workers.  Yes, the general organization of the CERT program identifies it as being a part of a United States agency, the funding is not assured for any item not an absolute necessity.  If it would be possible, could this group be granted some of the masks that you are planning to donate?  If this group meets the requirements you establish, a donation of these masks could be very beneficial to all of the emergency workers in Parker County Texas. 
Thank you,
James Good
Thnak you for this great initiative Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Community game night :) Luke 7 8,754 04-21-2023, 12:23 AM
Last Post: TashinaJeter
  PinePhone community poll Luke 0 1,854 12-29-2021, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Luke
  Face to Face community meeting possible ? Surehand53 3 5,231 09-15-2021, 04:59 PM
Last Post: barray
  PINE64 Community Rules and Code of Conduct Luke 0 11,453 02-22-2021, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Luke
  OpenArena fun amid COVID-19 Isolation Luke 1 4,261 03-19-2020, 08:15 AM
Last Post: MotoFufu9k
Lightbulb PINE64: StackExchange Community By-Jokese 27 46,373 02-12-2017, 02:27 AM
Last Post: makzoom01