Suspend/resume on opensuse xfce lid close?
Is suspend and resume working on the opensuse xfce build on the pinebook pro? The install instructions imply that it is.

When I close the lid, the system "seems" to move to a suspend (e.g., journalctl indicates (PM: suspend entry), the power light stays on). But I haven't figured out the trigger to have the laptop come back to life. It would certainly be helpful to be able to restore since the boot up on the opensuse builds is very slow.
Try a quick tap on the power button. Or the shift key but that's more for screen blanking.

On the stock Stretch which I installed LXDE to instead of using Mate: I can just close the lid. When I open it the power light is a different color, and if I tap the power switch it changes and the machine is active again. It doen't always work, apparently it's a difficult thing to implement and that goes back years before the Pinebook.

That's not a true suspend though where the memory gets written out to the hard drive/mmc/sd//ssd and the CPU shuts down and doesn't draw power. If I power it up a few hours later the battery has less charge.
(03-20-2020, 10:03 AM)ab1jx Wrote: Try a quick tap on the power button.  Or the shift key but that's more for screen blanking.

On the stock Stretch which I installed LXDE to instead of using Mate: I can just close the lid.  When I open it the power light is a different color, and if I tap the power switch it changes and the machine is active again.  It doen't always work, apparently it's a difficult thing to implement and that goes back years before the Pinebook.

That's not a true suspend though where the memory gets written out to the hard drive/mmc/sd//ssd and the CPU shuts down and doesn't draw power.  If I power it up a few hours later the battery has less charge.

Thanks for your reply. Neither the quick tap on power or the shift key is bringing the screen back. 

If it helps, the power light *is* green, which seems to me to be more an indication that the screen isn't lit after reopening the lid (I can live with that).

Trying a few of the other SD cards I have around, it does look like opensuse gnome *is* operating correctly. Is there some important difference besides the session manager?

Thanks again.
(03-20-2020, 10:03 AM)ab1jx Wrote: Try a quick tap on the power button.  Or the shift key but that's more for screen blanking.

On the stock Stretch which I installed LXDE to instead of using Mate: I can just close the lid.  When I open it the power light is a different color, and if I tap the power switch it changes and the machine is active again.  It doen't always work, apparently it's a difficult thing to implement and that goes back years before the Pinebook.

That's not a true suspend though where the memory gets written out to the hard drive/mmc/sd//ssd and the CPU shuts down and doesn't draw power.  If I power it up a few hours later the battery has less charge.

Thanks for your reply. Neither the quick tap on power or the shift key is bringing the screen back. 

If it helps, the power light *is* green, which seems to me to be more an indication that the screen isn't lit after reopening the lid (I can live with that).

Trying a few of the other SD cards I have around, it does look like opensuse gnome *is* operating correctly. Is there some important difference besides the session manager?

Thanks again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suspend/Resume Broken with Bootloader on SPI Flash xp19375 2 1,085 03-24-2023, 04:25 PM
Last Post: srs5694
  Resume from suspend not working after flashing Tow-Boot to SPI xp19375 3 1,861 10-31-2022, 10:14 AM
Last Post: wdt
  newer ""emmc-installer" images (manjaro xfce) magistral 1 1,034 10-10-2022, 06:22 AM
Last Post: maxjrh
  when i close my laptop lid the screen doesn't turn on? (debian bullseye based) computerc 3 1,780 09-23-2022, 08:37 PM
Last Post: computerc
  OpenSUSE with XFCE/ GNOME3 now available Luke 35 52,823 01-10-2022, 01:06 PM
Last Post: werwolf
  Working suspend on Manjaro brzegorz 3 5,032 12-03-2021, 01:39 PM
Last Post: rik-shaw
  reset sound after suspend to memory (deep sleep) Der Geist der Maschine 16 16,536 10-18-2021, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Syonyk
  Official openSUSE: U-Boot, dtb and graphics Jojonintendo 1 2,488 06-12-2021, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Jojonintendo
  Error Log has a few scetchy things. Manjaro Xfce SpaceLord 0 1,479 05-23-2021, 10:49 AM
Last Post: SpaceLord
Heart PBP Arrives Tmmro, Manjaro 20.12 xfce, Seeking Install Notes/Tips/Tricks/Advice SpaceLord 4 4,279 03-01-2021, 06:00 PM
Last Post: SpaceLord