PineTab beta/early adopter?
I'm not much of a software developer, but I know my way around most versions of *nix. I have used several different SBCs for various projects. My employer uses my python powered raspberry pi timeclocks to this day, going on 5 years now. I have a couple of BBBs and am working on a 4 channel temperature sensing cape I designed in KiCAD and had the boards fabricated by OSHPark. I liked my C.H.I.P until it, with the company, died. I even have an Orange Pi PC. I am good at soldering and own a variety of equipment.  

I work full time as a Linux sysadmin at an ISP and use Linux and BSD extensively in my daily life. I have various desktops, laptops, and android tablets(stock is not an option). 

I am currently RHCE, CCNA, and LPIC-303 certified with an active amateur radio license (Extra class + VE) and Mensa member. 

I'd love to contribute in any way I can to the PineTab and plan to grab a Pinebook Pro once I am able.
Whether or not there will be an early adoption run of the PineTab is still up in the air. All indications so far, though point to seeing them available this year. If this changes, I'm sure Luke will let us know. If you're interested in being a developer with the land of Pine, try sending @Luke a message.
(03-12-2020, 06:21 AM)tophneal Wrote: Whether or not there will be an early adoption run of the PineTab is still up in the air. All indications so far, though point to seeing them available this year. If this changes, I'm sure Luke will let us know. If you're interested in being a developer with the land of Pine, try sending @Luke a message.

There should be. The reason why its pushed back continually is caused by the long string of manufacturing/ shipping issues we've experienced in the past 6 months - some being our fault and others purely circumstantial (HK unrest, COVID-19).
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Thanks for the quick response. The PineTab is practically a dream device for me. I'll keep my eyes peeled.
What is the status of the Pinetab?  I was surprised that there is NOT a forum section for the PineTab yet.

I work for an infrared camera manufacturer that would be very interested in getting an early Beta unit for evaluation/testing.  We have 2 of the older Pine64 model A boards to start development but really want to use the PineTab as a 10" display and wireless central controller running Linux (or Android) hooking up to multiple USB cameras (both visible and infrared).  Is there also a possibility of getting the tablet even cheaper WITHOUT the battery?  We are a AC adapter/wall powered application.

Thank you in advance,
Lennie
(04-27-2020, 01:08 PM)lennie Wrote: What is the status of the Pinetab?  I was surprised that there is NOT a forum section for the PineTab yet.

I work for an infrared camera manufacturer that would be very interested in getting an early Beta unit for evaluation/testing.  We have 2 of the older Pine64 model A boards to start development but really want to use the PineTab as a 10" display and wireless central controller running Linux (or Android) hooking up to multiple USB cameras (both visible and infrared).  Is there also a possibility of getting the tablet even cheaper WITHOUT the battery?  We are a AC adapter/wall powered application.

Thank you in advance,
Lennie

Take a peak at the latest Community Update post on the main site. The Tab is currently on hold, but not shelved.

Pine also tends to wait until devices are launched before setting up subforums for new products.
Got excited... Was ready to head to the store and order one.
(04-27-2020, 02:29 PM)tophneal Wrote:
(04-27-2020, 01:08 PM)lennie Wrote: What is the status of the Pinetab?  I was surprised that there is NOT a forum section for the PineTab yet.

Thank you in advance,
Lennie

Take a peak at the latest Community Update post on the main site. The Tab is currently on hold, but not shelved.

Pine also tends to wait until devices are launched before setting up subforums for new products.

Thank you for the quick response.  I'm disappointed because this looked like the ideal opportunity for a product expected to ship in the 10k+ qty per month.  I'll check back on the status to see if there is any update.

-Lennie
(04-28-2020, 10:38 AM)lennie Wrote:
(04-27-2020, 02:29 PM)tophneal Wrote:

Thank you in advance,
Lennie

Thank you for the quick response.  I'm disappointed because this looked like the ideal opportunity for a product expected to ship in the 10k+ qty per month.  I'll check back on the status to see if there is any update.

-Lennie

The PineTab production currently already in motion. Please contact sales@pine64.org anf cc to info@pine64.org, they may able to make some arrangement on end of May (without battery can simplify shipping arrangement)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star "pineflow": my (fairly early) concept/entry for the community logo contest aisuneko 0 456 05-15-2023, 10:02 AM
Last Post: aisuneko
  used PinePhone Mobian CE or PineTab CelynRollins 1 1,559 01-11-2022, 06:31 AM
Last Post: collierreinhold
  PineTab second batch guenther 2 1,542 10-28-2021, 08:42 AM
Last Post: guenther
  Looking to buy a used PinePhone Mobian CE or PineTab alontra 0 1,660 03-04-2021, 06:33 AM
Last Post: alontra
  Please create a PineTab section in the forum eaglecup 2 4,910 07-29-2020, 12:26 PM
Last Post: JamesGrelf
  fingerprint sensor on pinetab Goddard 1 3,034 06-10-2020, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Goddard
Thumbs Up pinetab why is it called that? Goddard 5 6,081 03-15-2020, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Goddard
Question Is there a forum for PineTab? Danct12 3 6,542 01-31-2020, 08:23 PM
Last Post: InsideJob
Photo PinePhone and PineTab - Mobile Image Enhancement Techniques alexandercrypto 1 3,759 09-16-2019, 10:59 AM
Last Post: tllim
  Pinetab secondary display? neverused 4 7,033 09-12-2019, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Kochise