What is default password?
I don't remember being prompted to set one. Once the screen locked, it needs a password to get back in.  I'm pretty sure I saw a default password mentioned in one of these forums, but now that I need it I can't find it.

Please help! Don't want to reinstall....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OS: Mobian Bookworm, Phosh. Pinephone Braveheart from 2020-02-11
https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/PinePh...stmarketOS
Assuming you're using the demo image, and they haven't changed it since...
Thank you! Yes, that worked and, yes, that was the page where I'd seen it before. Back to playing with my phone Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OS: Mobian Bookworm, Phosh. Pinephone Braveheart from 2020-02-11
Note that the page where the images are located (https://images.postmarketos.org) does say what the default password is.
How do you reset your password my current one is not working or I forgot what I entered
I received my new PineTab and set it up, and experimented with it.  Looks great!  I noted my password and now, when I enter it, a message saying it is incorrect appears.  When I originally entered it, I could find no way to make it show me the password.  Also, this is my first experience with a tablet and using the onscreen keyboard was difficult as the onscreen keys are so small.  In other words, I could have made an error and not noticed it.

So, I've tried to enter recovery mode (if it even exists) as I do succesfully in Ubuntu on my laptop in order to change the password.  Using the Shift key doesn't work.  I've also tried ctrl+F!, F2, and F7 and that doesn't work.

I've also tried various versions of the password replacing key strokes that I may have made in error and still haven't cracked it.

Please, can you help me so I can use this wonderful tablet?  I'd hate to think I wasted my money.

Thanks.
You've not wasted your money - if all else fails you can reinstall the OS using an SD card. If you don't have anything important on the tablet yet then this is probably the easiest option, and will make sure you're fully up to date too. See https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PineTab#Operating_Systems for options, and installation instructions below that. If you want to try resetting the password you'll probably want to boot from SD card anyway and use the chroot method - I've not tried it on a PinePhone or PineTab but there are multiple generic guides if you search for 'linux chroot password reset' to point you in the right direction. Someone here might have an easier alternative though.

For future reference you've posted this in the PinePhone section of the forum rather than the PineTab one. For this query it doesn't make much difference, but for other queries it might.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Firefox Crashes on Start-up (latest installer) & How do I change Default Browser? aLoop100o 1 350 11-22-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Unable to set default apps Barugon 7 3,130 12-04-2022, 12:28 PM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Help with ssh and setting default apps jojuma 2 1,579 09-10-2022, 07:55 AM
Last Post: jojuma
  What is the default pin!? ThatWasLeftHanded 3 5,293 09-08-2021, 09:01 AM
Last Post: walter1950
  Password manager skaf2007 4 4,665 11-10-2020, 04:20 PM
Last Post: User 18618
  Disabe Bluetooth by default Alejandro.SU 1 2,501 11-09-2020, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Lousy Fisherman
  Terminal password difficulty Hobbes42 2 3,259 10-18-2020, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Hobbes42
  Bug: When you initially boot it does not bring up the password screen realrichardsharpe@gmail.com 5 6,203 02-12-2020, 11:58 PM
Last Post: pjsf