full disk encryption with luks on manjaro xfce
@e-minguez - as I wrote - I don't use mkinitcpio because it never worked for me. If I understand correctly you have no display early enough to enter password, right ?

If the above is true I would try two things:

1. Add console=tty1 in extlinux.conf.
2. Include following modules in your initcpio image - rockchipdrm, drm, drm_kms_helper, analogix_dp, panel-simple, pwm_bl.
(05-05-2020, 05:40 AM)as400 Wrote: @e-minguez - as I wrote - I don't use mkinitcpio because it never worked for me. If I understand correctly you have no display early enough to enter password, right ?

If the above is true I would try two things:

1. Add console=tty1 in extlinux.conf.
2. Include following modules in your initcpio image - rockchipdrm, drm, drm_kms_helper, analogix_dp, panel-simple, pwm_bl.

Thanks for your answer!

It seems the pinebook pro uboot doesn't have the ability to use the screen just yet, so I've build a regular pinebook 1080p image and hit the same issue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HarlCAeyr8

It seems to start, the bootsplash screen is shown but no password prompt. If I press escape, just a blinking cursor waiting for something. I've tried to type the password (I'm using just 'f' as password) and nothing is shown and the boot is still 'blank'.

I've disabled the bootsplash hook, the bootstrap setting in the extlinux.conf and also added console=ttyS0 just in case, but same stuff.
Anything else that you can think of?
Thanks.
Not really. Did you try adding the modules to initcpio ?
(05-06-2020, 12:26 AM)as400 Wrote: Not really. Did you try adding the modules to initcpio ?

Same result, just a blinking cursor
Did you to generate initcpio with dracut ?
(05-10-2020, 02:10 AM)as400 Wrote: Did you to generate initcpio with dracut ?

I did it with mkinitcpio which I think it does the same, right? https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mkinitcpio

But if you can share the dracut steps I would be happy to try Smile

Thanks!
I've chroot'ed into the sd, installed dracut and force created the initrd (dracut -f /boot/initramfswhatever). The mkinitcpio.conf file have the following content:

MODULES=(panfrost rockchipdrm drm_kms_helper hantro_vpu analogix_dp rockchip_rga panel_simple arc_uart cw2015_battery i2c-hid icp iscsi_boot_sysfs jsm pwm_bl spl uhid)
BINARIES=()
FILES=()
HOOKS=(base udev keyboard autodetect keymap modconf block encrypt lvm2 filesystems fsck)
COMPRESSION="cat"

Which I guess it is not used by dracut...

The pinebook pro now doesn't even show the blinking cursor, black screen. I've tried to type the password (a single 'f') with no result.

Any other hint? Thanks.
(05-10-2020, 11:57 AM)e-minguez Wrote: I've chroot'ed into the sd, installed dracut and force created the initrd (dracut -f /boot/initramfswhatever). The mkinitcpio.conf file have the following content:

MODULES=(panfrost rockchipdrm drm_kms_helper hantro_vpu analogix_dp rockchip_rga panel_simple arc_uart cw2015_battery i2c-hid icp iscsi_boot_sysfs jsm pwm_bl spl uhid)
BINARIES=()
FILES=()
HOOKS=(base udev keyboard autodetect keymap modconf block encrypt lvm2 filesystems fsck)
COMPRESSION="cat"

Which I guess it is not used by dracut...

The pinebook pro now doesn't even show the blinking cursor, black screen. I've tried to type the password (a single 'f') with no result.

Any other hint? Thanks.

try this:
nano /etc/mkinitcpio.conf

"base udev autodetect modconf block keyboard keymap consolefont encrypt lvm2 filesystems fsck shutdown"

Here’s what each module does:
  • keymap adds to initramfs the keymap that you specified in /etc/conf.d/keymaps
  • consolefont adds to initramfs the font that you specified in /etc/conf.d/keymaps
  • lvm2 adds LVM support to the initramfs - needed to mount the LVM partitions at boot time
  • shutdown is needed according to Arch wiki, for unmounting devices (such as LUKS/LVM) during shutdown
Here is how I'm generating initcpio with dracut. I have bootfs unencrypted and rootfs encrypted. I use nvme drive. Everything works just fine.

Code:
dracut -H --force -a "crypt lvm drm" -o "kernel-network-modules kernel-modules-extra kernel-modules mdraid qemu qemu-net \
lunmask resume dmraid btrfs modsign i18n" --drivers="rockchipdrm drm drm_kms_helper analogix_dp panel-simple pwm_bl" \
/boot/initramfs-dracut.img
(05-13-2020, 03:49 AM)as400 Wrote: Here is how I'm generating initcpio with dracut. I have bootfs unencrypted and rootfs encrypted. I use nvme drive. Everything works just fine.

Code:
dracut -H --force -a "crypt lvm drm" -o "kernel-network-modules kernel-modules-extra kernel-modules mdraid qemu qemu-net \
lunmask resume dmraid btrfs modsign i18n" --drivers="rockchipdrm drm drm_kms_helper analogix_dp panel-simple pwm_bl" \
/boot/initramfs-dracut.img

I've used a slightly modified version (removed the -H and used the same name that mkinitcpio uses for the initrd file) because the manjaro-arm-installer is using a chroot. No luck either Sad same blinking cursor.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Building PPSSPP with Manjaro AUR LivingLinux 0 1,109 06-11-2022, 05:07 PM
Last Post: LivingLinux
  How to update Manjaro to 20.10 pineitup 8 13,328 07-31-2021, 04:44 AM
Last Post: jiyong
  Make your own Manjaro image flatulent_piney 0 3,186 11-07-2020, 03:30 AM
Last Post: flatulent_piney
  Manjaro ARM, Cryptomator, and MEGA Sync dp1kinobe 3 7,017 10-24-2020, 06:38 AM
Last Post: pineitup
  Downgrading packages on Manjaro ARM (on the example of boinc) wrzomar 0 3,378 10-02-2020, 12:20 PM
Last Post: wrzomar
  Freepascal FPC3.20 and Lazarus IDE on Manjaro KDE dieselnutjob 0 2,871 08-02-2020, 06:57 AM
Last Post: dieselnutjob
  Installing WPS Office on Manjaro brent.thierens 5 9,612 07-13-2020, 03:13 AM
Last Post: brent.thierens
  kernel build script for latest mainline manjaro kernel xmixahlx 42 57,466 07-11-2020, 09:01 PM
Last Post: xmixahlx
  Is there a MMC upgrade instruction from debian-mate to manjaro factory (20.06)? pljanson 4 7,809 06-23-2020, 12:41 AM
Last Post: pljanson
  How to boot Manjaro from NVME with uboot on eMMC as400 47 55,749 06-07-2020, 02:37 AM
Last Post: as400