Fedora GNOME3 now available
(09-01-2020, 03:26 AM)linuxfreund Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 12:38 PM)aptupdate Wrote: I copy/paste together a install script that is working. It is nice if somone can help testing.

https://github.com/bengtfredh/pinebook-p...taller.git

I've tested this script. The installation works fine on my Manjaro PinebookPro. But after the script says ready to boot > boot screen is blank. I've waited 2 minutes: nothing.

Andreas

Hello,
I understand you ran the script and it finished correctly. But after you poweroff and poweron you get just blank screen?
Did you install to SD or eMMC?
(09-27-2020, 07:42 AM)aptupdate Wrote:
(09-01-2020, 03:26 AM)linuxfreund Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 12:38 PM)aptupdate Wrote: I copy/paste together a install script that is working. It is nice if somone can help testing.

https://github.com/bengtfredh/pinebook-p...taller.git

I've tested this script. The installation works fine on my Manjaro PinebookPro. But after the script says ready to boot > boot screen is blank. I've waited 2 minutes: nothing.

Andreas

Hello,
I understand you ran the script and it finished correctly. But after you poweroff and poweron you get just blank screen?
I've tried it on both medium. At the moment I run another installation wich works very fine. 
https://builds.armdevelopers.com/pineboo...pro.img.xz

Thanks
Andreas
linuxfreund
[quote pid='79374' dateline='1601214162']
Hello,
[/quote]
I've tried it on both medium. At the moment I run another installation wich works very fine. 

Thanks
Andreas

Ok, that is good. Do you remember if you did reboot or shut down and turn on again? I have experienced the same if I try reboot. I have looked at this images, de you found any source for how they are made or the build of the kernel?
(09-28-2020, 02:43 PM)aptupdate Wrote: linuxfreund
[quote pid='79374' dateline='1601214162']
Hello,

Thanks
Andreas

Ok, that is good. Do you remember if you did reboot or shut down and turn on again? I have experienced the same if I try reboot. I have looked at this images, de you found any source for how they are made or the build of the kernel?
[/quote]
I shut down the laptop and turn it on again. sorry, I havn't any information about the kernel buildung. You have to ask the creator of this image.
See https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=11293

Andreas
Hi there,

I have been trying Fedora on pinebook pro for a while; I think it is very intriguing to use Fedora . I have a few (minor) issues.

1. I see that Fedora on pinebook pro does not use plymouth. However, I realize it is installed by default. Is there any way to use the plymouth instead of the text based boot? I do not believe Plymouth brings extra load on the boot process; so, I would prefer to keep plymouth on if possible.

2. I am particularly interested in Fedora XFCE. One problem I had in setting things up is when I add a new user and login to the new user account, the screensaver/lock activates and locks the system. I worked around this by disabling the screensaver. Just wondering if there is better solution to this problem. Also, how can I replace the X11 screensaver with lightdm?

Overall I am considering to switch to Fedora from Manjaro due to a few drawbacks of Manjaro. I am just trying to figure which would be better for me in my workflow. Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated.

Best
I am trying to install fedora on my Pinebook Pro. Should I want to flash to the emmc, the instructions ask me to provide a maximum value for "--threads= " to the unxz utility. How can I learn what this maximum threads value would be for the ARMv8 processor?

Also as a second question would like to try installing to microSD card, but that so far has not worked for me. Would like to see fedora boot up on EITHER microSD or emmc just to get the feel of it. Any help beyond that found at the fedora install/download link for Pinebook Pro would be appreciated.
(10-21-2020, 04:05 PM)rempfer Wrote: I am trying to install fedora on my Pinebook Pro.  Should I want to flash to the emmc, the instructions ask me to provide a maximum value for "--threads= " to the unxz utility.  How can I learn what this maximum threads value would be for the ARMv8 processor?

Also as a second question would like to try installing to microSD card, but that so far has not worked for me.  Would like to see fedora boot up on EITHER microSD or emmc just to get the feel of it.  Any help beyond that found at the fedora install/download link for Pinebook Pro would be appreciated.

I tried both SD and flashing to eMMC.  Currently have Fedora 32 Cinnamon running off eMMC.  I used the adaptor and just flashed using USBimager.  

Let me second the request for plymouth. Fully acknowledging that it is a first world request purely for aesthetics.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fedora 37 installation gswatkins 16 5,515 03-16-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: michel_luc
  Fedora 36 -> 37 upgrade kills system tydeman 0 370 10-28-2023, 09:53 AM
Last Post: tydeman
  Upgrade Fedora from 37 to 38? acruhl 2 816 07-12-2023, 09:31 PM
Last Post: acruhl
  Fedora Workstation (36) on Pinebook Pro u974615 13 6,859 09-02-2022, 11:24 AM
Last Post: u974615
  No audio on Pinebook Pro with Fedora? foobar 1 1,333 08-22-2022, 12:12 PM
Last Post: snorwood
  OpenSUSE with XFCE/ GNOME3 now available Luke 35 52,823 01-10-2022, 01:06 PM
Last Post: werwolf
  Fedora 33 to 34 upgrade issues tydeman 2 2,388 12-02-2021, 02:43 AM
Last Post: linuxfreund
  setting up fedora from minimal install pine76 0 1,280 11-30-2021, 10:47 AM
Last Post: pine76
Question Can't boot any operating system other than Fedora after following the nullr0ute guide TDC_PBP 1 2,376 10-09-2021, 07:35 PM
Last Post: TangoZuluTango
  Some little things to help Fedora users ccunix 0 1,548 05-22-2021, 06:32 AM
Last Post: ccunix