debian+phosh running on PinePhone
This is due to the repo now being signed, but should be only a warning, not preventing you from upgrading or installing packages.
See here for more details: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=10277
(04-13-2020, 07:38 AM)a-wai Wrote: The serial console and network connection will be setup automatically on the phone side. On the host computer, you'll have to configure your network interface using the following commands:

Code:
sudo ip address add 10.0.0.1/8 dev enxfeeddeadbeef
sudo ip link set enxfeeddeadbeef up

Depending on your host system the interface name (enxfeeddeadbeef on my Debian) might be different, if that's the case simply replace it by your interface name.
The phone's IP is 10.0.0.2

It is possible install a DHCP server in the pinephone to automatically get IP on client.

Install server:
Code:
apt install isc-dhcp-server

Edit /etc/default/isc-dhcp-server and spcify:

Code:
INTERFACESv4="usb0"

Edit /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf and specify:

Code:
option domain-name "example.org";
#option domain-name-servers ns1.example.org, ns2.example.org;
subnet 10.0.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
      range 10.0.0.5 10.0.0.254;
      option routers example.org;
}

And finally restarts service:

Code:
systemctl restart isc-dhcp-server.service
Whenever I select the "Updates" tab in the Software gui the program crashes. The rest of the Software gui works fine. Has anyone else seen this or know where I can find any logs for the Software gui? I usually run updates via apt-get so its not the biggest issue. But I noticed whenever I open the Software gui there is a blue mark on the Updates tab telling me there are still update, even after I run apt-get upgrade.
(07-05-2020, 06:42 AM)jjs Wrote: Whenever I select the "Updates" tab in the Software gui the program crashes. The rest of the Software gui works fine. Has anyone else seen this or know where I can find any logs for the Software gui? I usually run updates via apt-get so its not the biggest issue. But I noticed whenever I open the Software gui there is a blue mark on the Updates tab telling me there are still update, even after I run apt-get upgrade.

I seemed to have figured it out. I noticed when I updated via apt-get I got the message "The following packages have been kept back" and list a dozen or so packages. After running "apt-get --with-new-pkgs upgrade" it installed the packages. After that the Software gui seems to be working correctly.
nice distro how too remove that search bar on the home screen
You can't, it's built into phosh
(04-16-2020, 02:33 AM)cefre00 Wrote:
(04-15-2020, 06:41 PM)bcnaz Wrote:
(04-14-2020, 10:18 AM)Boern Wrote:
(04-14-2020, 10:05 AM)bcnaz Wrote: ?  IS an  'Android Icon'  really needed on a Pinephone desktop running Debian/Phosh  ?

It's a free phone. We'll put any icon we damn well please on our phone. :-p
@Boem

SORRY  !

Not my intent to Provoke  or  Offend anyone

Open Source is for everybody.

OFF!!!

I don't think anybody should be offended by this totally valid question. When the Pinephone Brave Heart was announced and could be bought many other Linux sites got flooded with questions like: whatsapp, messenger, android, etc. The only thing why these people were interested because the Pinephone is cheaper then a Samsung Galaxy whateverthefreck.

Jesus in heaven, this is a damn Linux phone if you want android go and buy an android phone. If you don't like Google, than use LineageOS or /e/, but people let the guys work on the Linux distros, as this phone was intended to help the mobile Linux endevours to thrive not the frecking android again. If someone wants to have android on the Pinephone, then do it but start a new thread and leave this one to those who are interested in Debian. We have a separate thread for /e/, go there. I don't care.

That is my honest opinion, don't really care if I offend anyone. Cool

I just would like to apologize for my comments above here. I was over the line and I have just installed GloDroid over my PinePhone. Confused
I behaved like an *ss. Will never happen again.
(08-03-2020, 05:45 AM)cefre00 Wrote: I just would like to apologize for my comments above here. I was over the line and I have just installed GloDroid over my PinePhone. Confused
I behaved like an *ss. Will never happen again.
No worries, we all do it from time to time. Recognising it and trying to avoid a repeat is about all anyone can ask.
(07-05-2020, 01:49 PM)jjs Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 06:42 AM)jjs Wrote: Whenever I select the "Updates" tab in the Software gui the program crashes. The rest of the Software gui works fine. Has anyone else seen this or know where I can find any logs for the Software gui? I usually run updates via apt-get so its not the biggest issue. But I noticed whenever I open the Software gui there is a blue mark on the Updates tab telling me there are still update, even after I run apt-get upgrade.

I seemed to have figured it out. I noticed when I updated via apt-get I got the message "The following packages have been kept back" and list a dozen or so packages. After running "apt-get --with-new-pkgs upgrade" it installed the packages. After that the Software gui seems to be working correctly.
How do you open a terminal on the phone to do the manual upgrade? I am currently running Mobian on an SD card and the phone will not install updates through the GUI.
PinePhone UBports CE and Mobian on SD, Mint Mobile, Pinebook Pro Manjaro
(08-03-2020, 11:25 AM)klick Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 01:49 PM)jjs Wrote:

How do you open a terminal on the phone to do the manual upgrade? I am currently running Mobian on an SD card and the phone will not install updates through the GUI.
You would open King's Cross. That is the terminal for Mobian.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,513 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,449 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  Auto start application on Phosh login Zebulon Walton 8 3,105 10-14-2023, 06:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 1,904 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,861 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Using sway along phosh fdlamotte 2 3,213 05-11-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: kabouik
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 160,113 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  PinePhone won't boot after software update jb2000 2 1,247 03-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
Wink Pinephone lost graphic during mobian system upgrade cmpin 4 2,057 03-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Mobian + phosh firefox ublock and other overlays display bugs tuxcall 3 1,674 02-24-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: nexion