debian+phosh running on PinePhone
(03-31-2020, 12:28 AM)p1trson Wrote: Hello, so first observations (image from 29/3), running the phone without sim:
- it runs very hot
- wifi disconnetcs ocassionally (first distro to exprience this with)
- installing openssh-server, the ssh session I have established from my home PC, were very unresponsive / freezing most of the time (maybe connected to wifi  problems + overheating)
- battery indicator (upper right corner) not showing current state / not updating properly

Is it possible to have the openssh-server installed by default ?
Did anyone try to install gthd on this distro and run it as systemd service ?

For me it runs very hot only when charging. Depending on the charger i use (and also if 4G/WiFi/Bluetooth are enable)
openssh-server is in pinephone-devtools
https://gitlab.com/a-wai/meta-pinephone/...an/control

Battery indicator, i agree, but this a known problem power issues gonna be check (one day Wink )

(03-31-2020, 12:28 AM)p1trson Wrote: Did anyone try to install gthd on this distro and run it as systemd service ?

Looks great, i didn't know about this.
Of recent, I have only used the wifi for updates and short surfing tests,  but I have not had it disconnect on me.

Using the text app,  I have on a few occasions had it freeze and instantly give me the black screen,
  Then,  I must do a hard reset holding the power button for over 2 full minutes.

The APN for using  AT&T  PrePaid sim cards appears to be,

Name:  NXTGENPHONE
APN:   NXTGENPHONE

the rest is left blank.

I like that the speaker phone option is working,
     it sounds good at my end,  but my son says he hears his voice echo at his end. 
      I may have the microphone input turned up too far  ?
  >   IF so,  that would not be an OS fault.

ADD :
The battery Icon may not be accurate, however when you pull down the top bar, it gives a percentage, I think that is close to accurate... ?
The icon does show 'red' when the battery is extremely low.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(03-31-2020, 12:28 AM)p1trson Wrote: Hello, so first observations (image from 29/3), running the phone without sim:
- it runs very hot
- wifi disconnetcs ocassionally (first distro to exprience this with)
- installing openssh-server, the ssh session I have established from my home PC, were very unresponsive / freezing most of the time (maybe connected to wifi  problems + overheating)
- battery indicator (upper right corner) not showing current state / not updating properly

Is it possible to have the openssh-server installed by default ?
Did anyone try to install gthd on this distro and run it as systemd service ?

I also had the same Problem with the Wifi on the newest Version of Debian. And yes the Phone gets super hot when you charge it and use Wifi/4G next to this. But most Phones on the market have this "Problem" too. Maybe in the future with a better Energy Management it will be a bit better.
We recently changed the Wifi driver we use (which is now the same one pmOS and UT use, IIRC), this one might be more sensitive to "weak" signals (I don't experience any disconnection when the AP is 1m away from the phone).
Reverting back to the old driver is unfortunately not an option, as the new one is required to get hotspots working properly in the future.

On an unrelated topic: chatty and evolution-data-server got upgraded, which should fix a few SMS-related issues and bring back Nextcloud sync Smile
(03-31-2020, 07:09 AM)a-wai Wrote: We recently changed the Wifi driver we use (which is now the same one pmOS and UT use, IIRC), this one might be more sensitive to "weak" signals (I don't experience any disconnection when the AP is 1m away from the phone).
Reverting back to the old driver is unfortunately not an option, as the new one is required to get hotspots working properly in the future.

On an unrelated topic: chatty and evolution-data-server got upgraded, which should fix a few SMS-related issues and bring back Nextcloud sync Smile

Ah okay, hmm on PmOS i don't had any issues with the wifi.
(03-31-2020, 07:09 AM)a-wai Wrote: We recently changed the Wifi driver we use (which is now the same one pmOS and UT use, IIRC), this one might be more sensitive to "weak" signals (I don't experience any disconnection when the AP is 1m away from the phone).

I've just upgraded without success for NextCloud.
But didn't read logs yet.
///Edit remove sentence from hell
I'll build a full version tomorrow morning to work on the same image type.
I just ran the latest update,  I am curious,  every item listed in the download is listed 2 times...  is that correct ?

My phone feels slightly warm over the modem,  but not nearly as hot as it has in the past.  Maybe because it is fully charged now.

with data turned on and wifi turned off,    when I open Firefox I get the message :

"You must log in to this network before you can access the internet"

Then it gives me a message :  "Looks like you want to use data but you have none available" . . . .

So I must be connected to the AT&T portal.

The modem area does feel a little warmer with the data turned on,  and the power draw is up a bit.

with the data off and wifi turned on it says it is using .25 to .30 watts

with wifi off and data turned on it says it is using .50 to .70 watts.  ( about double ? )

I have not had any problem with wifi connection,    But I am only  about 1.5 meters from my router.

ADD :
A second software update for today !
  WOW !            "Working Overtime"
(  still 2 of everything in the download ? )
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
So let me see. How are we all getting into the phone beyond initial boot right now? People are talking about Nextcloud etc and I still can't interact with the phone at all.

After boot, screen just dims and when turned on, you unlock it...and it simply shows nothing. It is just stuck like this. Impossible to interrupt. Happens across reboots.

a-wai said network over USB is not enabled yet, then I can't get into the phone. That makes sense because nmap detects nothing and I tried a lot of ways to discover the IP address to no avail, lol.

March 29th image.

BTW, March 26th PureOS image works fine.
*.*.* PinePhone BraveHeart edition w/ distro: Debian + Phosh // GuixOS, Debian, Arch // pocket linux enthusiast // washed up sysadmin *.*.*
Can you tell us a little more about the image you're using.
Positions of your hard switches
Everything can help us to help you.
(03-31-2020, 09:08 PM)buffer Wrote: After boot, screen just dims and when turned on, you unlock it...and it simply shows nothing. It is just stuck like this. Impossible to interrupt. Happens across reboots.

See my previous posts please:

(03-29-2020, 12:15 PM)a-wai Wrote: What's the content of /sys/devices/platform/soc/1c2b000.i2c/i2c-1/1-0048/iio:device1/in_proximity_raw ?
And what happens if you delete file /etc/udev/rules.d/10-proximity.rules ?

(03-30-2020, 07:04 AM)a-wai Wrote: Can you try putting your hand over the phone (top-left corner) and send me the in_proximity_raw value for different distances? (say approximately 1cm, 2cm, 3cm, 5cm and 10cm)
Also, what is the value of in_proximity_scale and in_proximity_integration_time in the same folder?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,514 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,449 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  Auto start application on Phosh login Zebulon Walton 8 3,106 10-14-2023, 06:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 1,909 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,863 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Using sway along phosh fdlamotte 2 3,214 05-11-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: kabouik
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 160,328 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  PinePhone won't boot after software update jb2000 2 1,248 03-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
Wink Pinephone lost graphic during mobian system upgrade cmpin 4 2,057 03-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Mobian + phosh firefox ublock and other overlays display bugs tuxcall 3 1,676 02-24-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: nexion