debian+phosh running on PinePhone
Ps how can we help you to debug? Do you have link to some wiki about this? Like for nextcloud I guess somewhere there are logs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(03-29-2020, 03:05 PM)fpb4 Wrote: Removing the udev rule did the trick - cheers!
Couldn't get in_proximity_raw initial value, but once booted without the rule it's set to 2443.
@fpb4 OK, so it seems we have an issue with the proximity sensor... Can you try putting your hand over the phone (top-left corner) and send me the in_proximity_raw value for different distances? (say approximately 1cm, 2cm, 3cm, 5cm and 10cm)
Also, what is the value of in_proximity_scale and in_proximity_integration_time in the same folder?

(03-30-2020, 12:35 AM)bcnaz Wrote: Contact book appears to be non-functioning  ?
tried un-installing and reinstalling,  no difference..?
Working on it, you can work around this issue with the following command:
Code:
gsettings set org.gnome.Contacts did-initial-setup true

(03-30-2020, 05:40 AM)ivanB1975 Wrote: Ps how can we help you to debug? Do you have link to some wiki about this? Like for nextcloud I guess somewhere there are logs
There are a wiki and issue tracker on gitlab.
Thanks

Main address book issue (unable to select local addressbook) fixed, please upgrade Smile
Still looking into the Nextcloud problem, but we'll probably have to wait for an upstream fix...
Hi just trying the latest image.

First problem noticed immediately - the brightness is constantly changing (set to auto by default).

Will report results of other tests soon.
@a-wai in fact it looks like the nextcloud thing is broken in other distro

Smile 
Current date on phone shows correct location,  

but it is ahead 4 hours and 12 minutes,

PLUS it says it is July 14th  2115  !     ???

"Update"  on 'contact book' helped,  
but it has no choice of connections,
it only connects to the text messages

Sorry for negative reports,   still a fantastic OS  !

EDIT :

Did a reflash of SD card of the current release,  did the updates right away and the date did not go crazy this time !
Texting app (contact book) still not as good as the last release was,   but it is usable.

Playing with the data,  it does 'connect' but is blocked by AT&T,  saying "data is not available on this account"
So still waiting for the sim card they promised to send me.

So others should be reporting the hot spot working ?
OR at least data working ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(03-30-2020, 04:04 PM)ivanB1975 Wrote: @a-wai in fact it looks like the nextcloud thing is broken in other distro

Indeed, that's the 3.36 release of evolution-data-server which caused this regression, I've logged an issue upstream, now we wait...
For the next image I'll revert to a working EDS (already in my repo, but apt won't downgrade easily)
(03-30-2020, 04:04 PM)ivanB1975 Wrote: @a-wai in fact it looks like the nextcloud thing is broken in other distro

Yes, that's why he wrote about upstream.
Issue wasn't on unstable, at least to connect to NextCloud.
Hello, so first observations (image from 29/3), running the phone without sim:
- it runs very hot
- wifi disconnetcs ocassionally (first distro to exprience this with)
- installing openssh-server, the ssh session I have established from my home PC, were very unresponsive / freezing most of the time (maybe connected to wifi problems + overheating)
- battery indicator (upper right corner) not showing current state / not updating properly

Is it possible to have the openssh-server installed by default ?
Did anyone try to install gthd on this distro and run it as systemd service ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,514 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,449 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  Auto start application on Phosh login Zebulon Walton 8 3,106 10-14-2023, 06:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 1,906 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,862 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Using sway along phosh fdlamotte 2 3,214 05-11-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: kabouik
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 160,143 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  PinePhone won't boot after software update jb2000 2 1,248 03-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
Wink Pinephone lost graphic during mobian system upgrade cmpin 4 2,057 03-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Mobian + phosh firefox ublock and other overlays display bugs tuxcall 3 1,675 02-24-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: nexion